PDA

View Full Version : XP to OSX

JamJuice
05-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a session that I created and have been recording on M-Powered under windows XP. The session is on an OSX formatted drive (journaled) and works fine under XP(using macdrive). However, I'm now trying to work with the session on a mac (osx 10.5.8). The session opens fine but won't play. I get the follow three errors in concession:

I can't find the right info online to resolve this issue. MP is up to date also.

Many thanks
Jam.

JamJuice
05-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Anyone have any ideas I can try?

Dism
05-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a session that I created and have been recording on M-Powered under windows XP. The session is on an OSX formatted drive (journaled) and works fine under XP(using macdrive). However, I'm now trying to work with the session on a mac (osx 10.5.8). The session opens fine but won't play. I get the follow three errors in concession:

I can't find the right info online to resolve this issue. MP is up to date also.

Many thanks
Jam.

Up to date as in... 8.0.3? Have you tried instead to create a new session, and use Import Session Data? All plugins up to date?

JamJuice
05-17-2010, 12:08 PM
I have 8.0.3 and try the import session data option. Ive trash all the prefs etc. It still works under XP and I can also create new session on teh same drive without these problems.

I've never had these issues before. I'm so confused.

Eric Seaberg
05-17-2010, 09:33 PM
What kind of Mac? These errors usually showed up for me running on my G5 yet the drive was formatted on an Intel Mac using GUID mapping instead of Apple's Partition Map. I had to backup my data and re-initialize the drive, then all was good.