PDA

View Full Version : ProTools 8 Upgrade M-powered + iLok

danieljrm23
04-25-2010, 12:21 AM
So.. While i'm downloading this 4.5Gb file.. I thought i'd ask a question.
It says, To retrieve my licence info for these products to visit iLok.com. So i've registered there, I pretty much had to before i could but the upgrade.
I'm worried i'm going to need to purchase an iLok before I can use the program. I've looked on their site and i just get things like.. "The Pro Tools M-Powered and Pro Tools Academic purchases include a pre-authorized iLok with the Pro Tools authorization already on the iLok."

But.. In saying that, I just bought the upgrade which was 'download only' on iLok it says I have 1 licence pending to download. I'm so lost with this!

Can someone please try explain it? I understand what the iLoks are and for. But do I require one to use Pro Tools 8 upgrade?

mindnoise
04-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Hi
If you donīt have already an ilok Hardware dongle
GET ONE!!!!

This is essential. The dongle is only included in the boxed version.

DO NOT download / delete anything from ilok.com until you have the iLok dongle.

Then go to the help section of ilok.com and download the latest drivers.
(pace and ilok)
Then register your iLok dongle and transfer the licenses from ilok.com to it.
READ the Help section on iLok.com if you are unsure.

if you iLok dongle breaks, you can sent it to iLok to retrieve your licenses
which you can put on a new iLok dongle, you have to buy, obviously.

If you ever LOSE you iLok. There is nearly no way to get back your licenses.

so far.
best and welcome on the DUC. :)

danieljrm23
04-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Thanks for that, I've ordered one just now.

Probably not the right place to ask, but does anyone have any idea what the shipping time is like on these things?

achapman
04-29-2010, 12:09 PM
This is kind of [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]. I maybe wrong but they never said this when i purchased the upgrade. I am in the same boat, i am just frustrated that once the DL was complete i then dL th iLok and still have to wait to play.

gjohung
05-22-2010, 02:57 PM
I just bought an PTMP and it came with red iLok..

I already have ilok with other license on it.. is there way to consolidate to one iLok? Including PTMP license MP3 option, Strike, POD Farm etc..