PDA

View Full Version : Help with a preference setting, please

RodWall
04-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Hey.

I've been using Pro Tools HD 7.3.1 and LE 6.9

Now I have M-powered 8.0.1 on my laptop. The thing is: on the HD and LE system I work, when you are playing-back you can click anywhere in the audio region, and it will appear a blinking bar, but it continuous to playback.
What i'm experiencing in M-Powered 8, is that, when i'm playing-back something, and I click in another place in the region, the playback bar just jumps to the place where I clicked and continuous playing-back. What I want is the playback bar keeps running, and when I click somewhere else, it just doesn't stop or jump.

Another thing is, that I discovered while trying to configurate these parameters, when I managed to keep the playback bar running, when I stopped the playback, and click in other place to start, the playback bar will start from the same place as before, and not from where I clicked.

I hope I made my self clear.

Sorry for the english..

Thanks and I appreciate any help from you. This is driving me crazy!

Keybeeetsss
04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Hello Rod; I see u've hit a Wall ;)

Check to see if dynamic transport is on & also press N on ur keyboard for the cursor to stay where u click...

WELCOME TO THE DUCZ! & ur english is better than mine :eek:

:D

RodWall
04-26-2010, 02:09 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I checked the Dynamic Transport and it was already On.

And the N button seemed like wasn't doing anything.

However, after clicking everywhere and trying everything, I managed to discover how to do what I was looking for, and here is the solution:

1. Deactivate the Dynamic Transport;

2. Deactivate the N button (Insertion Follows Playback) and

3. Activate "Link Timeline and Edit Selection" (Shift + /)

Thanks!

Keybeeetsss
04-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Yeah Dynamic transport needed to be off...