PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! - Mbox 2 drivers?

Vasey
04-19-2010, 03:30 AM
Hey,

I have been trying to install pro tools 8 on my new imac. Everything went well except now I cannot find Mbox 2 drivers ANYWHERE.

I know other people on these forums have had the same problem. My issue is 1 of 2 things:

First, when i go to the recommended m-audio.com i cannot find my product (maybe im just dumb).

Second, any link I find (from google, these forums, etc) that claims to have the mbox 2 drivers will only take me to: A- the digidesign/avid homepage (not helpful) or to B- www.m-audio.com

sigh...

maybe it has just been a long night. But if anyone can offer some assistance that would rock.

Thanks,

mindnoise
04-19-2010, 04:43 AM
at least here is the CoreAudio Driver
www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=100&navid=54&itemid=40792

What was I thinking
flommers´s right,
sorry

flommer
04-19-2010, 06:50 AM
If you installed PT8, you do not need to install the stand alone core audio driver. In fact doing so will cause serious problems. DON'T DO IT..

Mbox is a Digidesign product , not M-audio. Now it's all AVID, but you still should know.

Presumably you are on a mac.. Are you saying that there are no Mbox control panels in Mac System Preferences after installing Pro Tools??

Again, if you install PT you do not need to install drivers separately...

Vasey
04-19-2010, 02:53 PM
thanks guys. i didn't remember installing any separate drivers for my mbox in the past.

it was a looong night :-) ill take another look at it.

Thanks again.