PDA

View Full Version : What is the maximum number of outputs?

barters81
04-15-2010, 10:14 PM
As I'm looking into doing more mixing out of the box in a desk, I'm wondering how many channel strips I can feed from my m-powered version of Pro Tools. I've searched the net and haven't really found any solid answers.

From what I've gleaned so far some say that 18 outputs is the maximum.

I personally find this hard to believe as the profire 2626 has 26 outputs.

Again.....I'm not asking how many inputs I can record at once. I'm asking, how many outputs can m-powered supply at once.

Hopefully I can one day run 32 line outs from my 2 x profire 2626's into a 32 channel desk, mix down and feedback into PT as a stereo mix. However....am I now crossing over into the world of HD?

mindnoise
04-15-2010, 11:41 PM
As I'm looking into doing more mixing out of the box in a desk, I'm wondering how many channel strips I can feed from my m-powered version of Pro Tools. I've searched the net and haven't really found any solid answers.

From what I've gleaned so far some say that 18 outputs is the maximum.

I personally find this hard to believe as the profire 2626 has 26 outputs.

Again.....I'm not asking how many inputs I can record at once. I'm asking, how many outputs can m-powered supply at once.

Hopefully I can one day run 32 line outs from my 2 x profire 2626's into a 32 channel desk, mix down and feedback into PT as a stereo mix. However....am I now crossing over into the world of HD?

LE/MP is 18 I/Os no matter how you put it.
Yes, hopefully some day we can have more.

barters81
04-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Ok so this is why I've posted this question here as there are many conflicting opinions on this topic.

I guess I'll just try myself and see what I can get.

As much as I like PT, if I need to fork out thousands of dollars more just to get an extra 10 outputs, looks like its back to Logic for me.

necjamc
04-17-2010, 09:23 PM
I have a 2626 and you can not output more than 18 at once. I have tried. It's a limit in the software.

barters81
04-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks mate....I guess thats definitive answer.....bugger.