PDA

View Full Version : New Mac Super Drives

SPC
02-10-2001, 09:33 PM
Have anyone of you been able to use Toast or Jam with the new Mac Super Drive's CD-RW. If so what are your results, pros & cons?

spc

tech_head
02-12-2001, 10:56 AM
They aren't shipping yet.

tech

Count Zero
02-12-2001, 02:33 PM
The Superdrive with the DVD R isn't shippping. I have a new G4 533 with the combi DVD ROM/CD RW drive. It works really well. Disc burner burns in the background and toast does recognise it . The first time I ran toast it suggested I disable the drivers for the CDRW if I had problems. None so far ....

SPC
02-13-2001, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Count Zero:
The Superdrive with the DVD R isn't shippping. I have a new G4 533 with the combi DVD ROM/CD RW drive. It works really well. Disc burner burns in the background and toast does recognise it . The first time I ran toast it suggested I disable the drivers for the CDRW if I had problems. None so far ....
Good to hear Count Z. No probs saving files and making audio disks'? I guess I can assume it will have no probs using Jam.

spc

Count Zero
02-14-2001, 03:06 AM
Have only tried data so far.

Roxio (Adaptec) are pretty good with updates so I reckon both Jam and Toast will both be fully compatible soon. As I mentioned earlier Toast seems to work well already. Will try out Jam tonight and let you know ......

BTW It's an 8x Sony on mine