PDA

View Full Version : Dae Crashes on startup

livstone
02-06-2001, 04:40 PM
I have a pro tools 24 system with 4.2 software on a 9600/350 upgraded with an XLR8 450 card. There is 256 meg of ram and I am running system 8.6. This system was running good but all of a sudden I am getting crashes when starting up the program. It amakes it all the way to dae loaded and then it crashes.

I tried trashing the digi setup, pro tools prefs and dae prefs but the problem continues to happen. I also reinstalled pro tools and got the same results. Before I trashed the digi setup and dae prefs, the dae app. would not even start up without pro tools. After I did this it does however start alone.

I also tried opening other apps that use dae and they crash also at the same point.

All of my cards are in a bit 3 chassis.

Anyone who can give some insight on this would have my eternal thanks.

elbanano
02-06-2001, 10:08 PM
I had a similar situation a month ago. I ended up having to initialize my hard drive in order to get Pro Tools up and running. I tried everything but nothing worked. My problem arised when I installed the program Dave, a Mac to PC LAN interface. See if you can un- authorize your plugins successfully, and if so, consider yourself lucky. Then initialize your drive and start again. I upgraded to OS 9.04 and it works great. I feel that once you get DAE problems at startup, it's best to start with a clean slate. You'll save time too...

Lenny

livstone
02-07-2001, 10:49 AM
Thanks Lenny. I am going to keep that as a last choice. The next thing I am going to do is probably take the cards out of the chassis just to eliminate that from the equation and see if there is any change. If not then I probably will be reinitiallizing the drive.

Wayne