PDA

View Full Version : Is there a newsgroup or forum for QuicKeys for PT's?

Stratman
02-04-2001, 11:27 PM
Is there a newsgroup or a forum for QuicKeys for PT's? I am finally starting to realize the power of this program for PT's (I've bucked it for years), and I was wondering if there is someplace on the net where you can get PT's macros that users have created.

[This message has been edited by Stratman (edited February 05, 2001).]

Charles Deenen
02-05-2001, 08:41 AM
Even though I don't know of any site, we've made dozens of quickkey combo's. If you want, you can have them. Not sure how useful they are for you. There is a forum for protools-users on yahoogroups.com. Maybe we can all post some there as files ?

-charles

Zep Dude
02-05-2001, 09:14 AM
I think this has been discussed (though not extensively) on either this or the tips and tricks board. Try doing a search and you might find some macro ideas (pretty sure I posted some of mine there).

Having used macro programs for years with my sequencer programs, the general rule I follow is, if there is something you do frequently that requires several steps or several key combinations, macro it! Pro Tools is very position/window based, and therefore you need to work with strict templates that do not change from song to song. If you do this you can set up many key commands to operate in windows.

For example I have a macro that, by pressing F13 key, enables the record button on the top track of the Edit window. However this requires that the Edit window remain in the exact same place because Quickeys just blindly clicks where it was originally told to. My F14 key toggles the Auto Input Monitor setting.

Deleting takes while doing punchins is a cumbersome multi step procedure. With QK you can program a macro to hit the cmd-shft-B key (delete selected) then mouse click the "delete from disk" option in the subsequent dialog box (which is not the default) and finally confirm this with "YES" in the last dialog box. I didn't program in the last "YES" confirmation which gives me manual control to back out at the last minute.

Good Luck.

Stratman
02-07-2001, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Charles Deenen:

Even though I don't know of any site, we've made dozens of quickkey combo's. If you want, you can have them. Not sure how useful they are for you. There is a forum for protools-users on yahoogroups.com. Maybe we can all post some there as files ?

-charles

That's a great idea! What is the addy for the protools-users on yahoogroups.com? Starting a forum for PT's QuicKeys would be fantastic. Would love to see how other users are using this program. Productivity is the key ( or at least one of the keys) to success in PT's.

And yes, I would love to check out your QuicKeys sets. You can either post them here or I'll email you for them.

Cheers