PDA

View Full Version : DigiDrive to 50-pin Centronics...

Mauro371
02-01-2001, 03:25 PM
I have two 9k Digidrives and the SCSI|64 kit on a 450MP G4, each connected to one output of the card. I want to connect a CD burner that has a 50-pin centronics SCSI connector to the DigiDrive. I checked the manual for the DigiDrive and it lists a 68-50 cable adaptor in order to do so. Is this cable a special cable (e.g. does it need internal termination of unused pins, etc.)? Where can you get this cable? I s the 68-pin in the DigiDrives a Wide, UltraWide, SCSI -1, -2, -3? And, will connecting the 50-pin (probably SCSI-2) to the DigiDrive affect performance of the drive?

Any help will be GLADLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Mauro.

Gulliver
02-01-2001, 08:41 PM
The SCSI card Digi sells is just an ATTO card with the setting already set. It is a SCSI-3 Ultra-Wide card that will also work on older legacy devices (SCSI - 1 and 2).

The external connector is VHDCI 68 pin, also called .8mm. You can get a cable at www.scsi-cables.com. (http://www.scsi-cables.com.) You can order it self terminating (the upper 8) just to be safe, but if it's alone on it's own bus, the card can be set to narrow through software.

You want to put both drives on one bus, and the legacy devices on the other. Mixing them is not worth it. Good luck.

Mauro371
02-03-2001, 11:50 AM
Thank you for your reply, Gulliver. However, I tried the link you posted and it directs me to LMKI corporation. Couldn't find a products section or a store where to find the cable. Any other suggestions as to where I can buy that cable?

Thanks,

Mauro

DigiTechSupt
02-05-2001, 05:57 AM
Mauro,
You may purchase this adapter at:
http://www.scsipro.com/
or
directly from Digi. Call Tech Support at: 650-842-6699 and request the Avid SCSI Adapter-68 pin.

Brent

jeffjuliano
02-06-2001, 03:55 AM
You need to get a High 9 terminator adapter going from any wide or ultra wide SCSI 3 connedtions to your 50 pin SCSI devices. Without this adapter your other drives performance will be slowed down by the 50 pin devices. Best of all its cheap (like 25 bucks......I think)