PDA

View Full Version : Macintosh USB Audio In

N9YTY
01-31-2001, 08:30 AM
I'm tired of asking this, probably as tired as you, who remain unaffected, are of reading it.

Apple has chosen in all of their latest offerings to remove the Analog audio-input. This leaves USB (affordable) and FireWire (more pricey) as the only available options.

There are several low-cost ($35) options in the USB front, but none of them work with ProTools FREE. DAE yeilds error -32766.

So far, DigiDesign has not even commented on this issue, if they plan to fix it, or whatever......

I'm not sure WHY they released PT FREE, but if the intention was to have people use it and see how powerful it is, or as an adjunct (in my case) to a TDM system, it sure would be nice if we could actually USE IT on current model computers.

Thanks for listening.

bsoplinger
02-08-2001, 01:33 AM
It would be nice if there was some way to get audio into my new G4 that worked with ProTools ....

Will there be a fix for this?

MacDaddy WGAR
02-12-2001, 07:09 PM
The reason it probably went bye bye is that we are still waiting for the Mac driver to Soundblaster Live and they figured consumers will go for that option on sound.
Which may be part of the reason for the extra pci slot although Pro users have been screaming for the return of more slots for years now.

BC

joesn
02-13-2001, 08:21 AM
I think that the MOTU 828 is not that expensive as you say. It is a firewire-one and offers 8 analog symmetric ins for a proce of - in Austria/Europe approx. $1.000,-

Of course, the USB is cheaper, but hey, we all payed for pro tools...;-)

respect, Joe