PDA

View Full Version : More automation memory?? Need Help - Fast!

Raven
01-29-2001, 10:52 PM
Hi,
Pro Tools MIX Plus with extra MIX Farm, USD, 888/24s, Digi Expansion Chassis,Pro Control + Fader, 512 MB RAM on a G4/500. Lots of memory allocated to PT and DAE and also max memory given to Automation memory. But in-between a concert MIX being done on 6 tracks for a DVD (DSP alost maxed out)the PT just stops and says there is no memory for automation.
I need some help and ASAP

Tal
01-30-2001, 01:45 AM
How much memory have you allocated to PT?

Raven
01-30-2001, 03:49 AM
100,000 kb. Same to DAE too. Is it a RAM issue? I have asked for another 512MB of RAM. How much should I allocate? Is the Waves plug-in the culprit?

Stratman
01-30-2001, 08:35 AM
Have you tried thinning out the existing automation in the session. I did a trip hop mix a couple of weeks ago that I was doing some crazy automation in, and started getting the warning dialog box.

I just went though the graphic side of the automation and eliminated all multiple and unnecessary automation points, and the problem went away. It took some time but it was worth it. Much better than your session stopping dead in it's tracks

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Stratman (edited January 30, 2001).]

Tal
01-30-2001, 07:02 PM
I have the same amount allocated right now. However ive had up to 300. But things were really slow. I myself am more of a chopper and not a mixer so im not really sure why you're gettin that error Sorry. But you could allocate more if you want to.....

j creasey
01-30-2001, 07:21 PM
try trashing your dae&pt prefrences hold down opton&comand
while rebooting so you can rebuild your desktop!that should work.

Raven
01-30-2001, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by j creasey:
try trashing your dae&pt prefrences hold down opton&comand
while rebooting so you can rebuild your desktop!that should work.
That seems to be the answer to everything!! I will try that. ALready thinning automation to Max