PDA

View Full Version : Can't Save Copy In

Beegster
01-28-2001, 08:38 AM
When I try to save a backup copy of my protools session an error comes up saying that it could not complete due to a disc error. Everything else works fine. Any thoughts as to what this could be. Thanks.

Eric Bazilian
01-28-2001, 08:41 AM
Ah, you too! I started a thread on this a few weeks ago after some infuriating frustration (or was it frustrating fury???). The answer was even more infuriating but mercifully simple...if you, like me, have a tendency to put spaces at the beginning of bounced or compiled audio files, well, don't do that! For some reason this is a guaranteed error generator. Take out the blanks, take two aspirin, and Save Session Copy In.

------------------
Eric Bazilian/The Mousetrap
"Music Is Good"

[This message has been edited by Eric Bazilian (edited January 28, 2001).]

Beegster
01-30-2001, 11:15 AM
I am still having the problem. Any other thoughts on what it could be????

Ah, you too! I started a thread on this a few weeks ago after some infuriating frustration (or was it frustrating fury???). The answer was even more infuriating but mercifully simple...if you, like me, have a tendency to put spaces at the beginning of bounced or compiled audio files, well, don't do that! For some reason this is a guaranteed error generator. Take out the blanks, take two aspirin, and Save Session Copy In.

[/B][/QUOTE]

David Roesch
01-30-2001, 03:58 PM
Here's another little filename anomaly that can cough up a disk error:

The "Copy of" that a Save As prepends to the name of the original file can cause the copy to exceed the 31-character limit for filenames.

Beegster
01-31-2001, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by David Roesch:
Here's another little filename anomaly that can cough up a disk error:

The "Copy of" that a Save As prepends to the name of the original file can cause the copy to exceed the 31-character limit for filenames.

That solved my problem. Thanks a million!!!

Pietari Koskinen
02-02-2001, 12:05 AM
I've had this problem too (two years ago). I think that Pro Tools adds "Copy of" only to the name of the session, not to the names of the audio files. The process always stopped at the same moment, but it was not file related (I tried to remove some files without success). All my disk diagnostic tools told me that my disk were OK. Still wonder what was the reason.