PDA

View Full Version : Whats with this annoying new website???

Mt.Everest
01-23-2001, 11:37 AM
The new Digi website is pretty and all, but the frames thing is RIDICULOUS... Maybe I am missing something, but my browser stays fixed on www.digidesign.com (http://www.digidesign.com) no matter where I go in the website. Because of this, I cant bookmark any pages without the bookmark being the same, initial digidesign loadup page... I liked being able to have a bookmark link to the TDM DUC for example, and not have to start from the very first page and navigate to the DUC every F***ing time. Its the same for anything.. We cant bookmark ANY page for a quick link--we have to load from the beginning everytime...
Does anyone else feel this way or know a way around it??
Thanks
Victor

philter
01-23-2001, 01:01 PM
Maybe you haven't been using the internet for the past three years since you don't know how to handle frames. The last Digi website was all in framesets too. There's nothing new. Just do what Joe done told ya.

There's also a link directly to the DUC right on the front page. Take a look. And besides, you don't wanna miss Garbage girl pulling her gum out of her mouth. c'mon. http://duc.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/wink.gif

Mt.Everest
01-23-2001, 01:01 PM
Oh...

Im a retard... I never knew that. All this time Ive always hated frames pages becasue I thought i couldnt bookmark them...
Sorry for the negativity about the new site Digi ppl...
I was very attached to my old bookmarks..

And yes, It is very sad that Ive been using the internet for many many years and i thought i knew it all. I always hold the mouse down until the menu pops up fora bunch of other things, but i never noticed the "copy link" popup for frame pages.... I seriously deserve to be made fun of.. Please send all mail to [email protected]
--vic

[This message has been edited by Mt.Everest (edited January 23, 2001).]

TMS
01-23-2001, 07:17 PM
Hey Philter

Dont't be such a know it all DICK!
Take your attitude and take a hike.
DUC does not need your negativity

[This message has been edited by TMS (edited January 23, 2001).]

AverageJoe
01-24-2001, 12:08 AM
Click and hold on the link until you see the contextual menu "open in new window." Select that command, and when the requested window opens, it will have an address you can link to.

Hope that helps!
Joe

------------------
---
Joe Mazza
Average Joe Music (http://www.averagejoemusic.com)

sidereal
01-24-2001, 09:57 AM
And TMS is just brimming with positive energy.

fumunda
01-24-2001, 10:03 AM
everest, you are a retard, and so is TMS. You guys sound like a couple of big babies, "I can't bookmark the duc" whaa
The new digi website is awesome.

tomcat
01-24-2001, 10:04 AM
tms, you misread philter. he was not being a dick. there is good humor in his post and he was not nasty, imho.

philter
01-24-2001, 11:01 AM
OK, so there was a touch of cynacism. I meant no disrespect. Just to trying to help out in a roundabout sort of way.

Please accept my apologies Mt. Everest.

Philip

Mt.Everest
01-24-2001, 11:50 AM
No apology necessary..
I deserve every bit of bashing and sarcasm thus far...

I run PT with my eyes closed but I couldnt figure out how to bookmark frame pages.. Thats just funny...

The bashing is all in good fun

sweetness
01-24-2001, 03:33 PM
just for the record..

its ppl like you mt.everest... who make this world hard for the good ppl at digidesign.. they have done so much and you just take it for granted.. how about you just start appreciating that theres a DUC in the first place... you foul cat wretch!

and another thing.. im sick of ppl sticking up for deadbeats like you... dont these losers have some tree to hug?

this reminds me of that whiney clinton administration.. always playing the victim... thank god we have a leader like GW to grab the stirrups again.

[This message has been edited by sweetness (edited January 24, 2001).]

Juergen
01-24-2001, 06:10 PM
What up everybody...man, someone's edgy today. The cool thing is that there are awesome examples of people apologizing , unlike the Clinton adm., it seems, so maybe everest isn't like them at all...

Seems to me that philter and mteverest were pretty cool about their mistakes and apologized quickly. Maybe it's not necessary to throw something in everest's face, which he already acknowledged he has done and already apologized for it...

Apologizing takes some guts. I think it's awesome to see it happening here at the Duc.

Just the thoughts of a bystander...

Juergen

PS: By the way, I am neither democrat nor republican...didn't mean to cheer for someone in particular...I am a FOREIGNER! http://duc.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

[This message has been edited by Juergen (edited January 24, 2001).]

sweetness
01-24-2001, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Juergen:

PS: By the way, I am neither democrat nor republican...didn't mean to cheer for someone in particular...I am a FOREIGNER! http://duc.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif

whoa... sounds middle of the road.. and you know what ashcroft says... you will only find a dead skunk there.

but tell me the truth.. you are a commie right?

TMS
01-24-2001, 09:13 PM
My apologies to all concerned. Guess I thought I was jumping to the defense of someone that I felt was being jumped on. Judge not lest you be judged. Sometimes I have to learn the hard way.
Cheers
CS

[This message has been edited by TMS (edited January 24, 2001).]

Eric Bazilian
01-24-2001, 09:28 PM
Hmmm....somehow I'd always just assumed that most of the visitors to the DUC were at least twelve years old.

Silly me...

------------------
Eric Bazilian/The Mousetrap
"Music Is Good"

3james
01-24-2001, 10:19 PM
i had a great laugh reading this post. I'm thinking of starting a self-help group for digi web site users, but in the meantime here's a little advice; take a break from staring at your computer screen every couple days or so, it will help remove some of the anxiety and frustration caused by the DIGI BRAIN DRAIN.

Mt.Everest
01-25-2001, 12:48 AM
I love when posts get out of hand like this...

My goal is to have this thread reach 3 digits... my goal is 128 posts...
But on a more important note,
Who is this "sweetness"? All I know is i want him. sweetness by the barrelful.. please humor us more with your witty responses...
I just dont like the commie remark. My mother came from the great homeland many years ago on a small ship, stowed away in the waste containment barrack. All she wanted was a better life and a place to raise her kids, away from communism and its opression. Commie? she may be, but shes what makes this great country a melting pot of freedom....
Like Lennon said, Back in the USSR...

Daniel
01-25-2001, 12:56 AM
Mt.Everest, you are not a retard by far. I've been on the internet for a while now and was not aware of this function either. Some of us have better and more interesting things to do than to explore every single aspect of a program. We should always remember that while stupidity can hardly be revealed by a question, ignorance is made perfectly evident by its answer.

To quote a higher source:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein

Well that's my wisdom of the day.

I'll take this "off topic thread" to thank all my fellow Pro-Toolians for the great questions and answers on this User Group. I know I learn something everyday and it's not always about Pro Tools. http://duc.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Cheers,
Daniel

sweetness
01-25-2001, 01:03 AM
now this is getting out of hand...

the next thing you commie bastards will want is 'retard proof' hotmail and socialized medicine.. where does it stop!

and now this clown is quoting hippies... thats all we need here in our god-fearing community... a little free love to warp our innocent childrens minds.

Count Zero
01-25-2001, 03:13 AM
Pro Tools Anonymous anyone ?

16 Steps To Enlightenment ...

JonHallur
01-25-2001, 07:15 AM
I s'pose ya'll using macs to browse this site, but www.digidesign.com (http://www.digidesign.com) wont open in Explorer 5

(I get a weird error "Not Acceptable... An appropriate representation of the requested resource /menu_flash.html could not be found on this server.")

...thank god for Opera

------------------
Jón Hallur
Sound Engineer
CCP Games
(www.ccpgames.com)

drkato
01-25-2001, 03:40 PM
I am using Windows ME and IE 5.5, and everything works fine, including bookmarks.

------------------
DK

Mark Fassett
01-25-2001, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by sweetness:

LOL!!!!!!

EricLee
01-26-2001, 07:06 PM
Well since you are going for the 'post' record, I'm throw one in to keep it going....no wisdow, no advice, no political comments...

Kev
01-27-2001, 03:58 AM
Just to help the 'post' record along, I'll also throw one in to keep it all going....

A suggestion, Delete your Temporary Internet files and then log back onto www.digidesign.com (http://www.digidesign.com) and get a new set and then replace all your bookmarks and perve on the Garbage girl!!

If that isn't enough fun.... buy a Playstation!!.... :-)

Mt.Everest
01-27-2001, 09:29 PM
Speaking of playstation... anyone have it? do the games still take forever to load up and the same for switching to different parts of the game menus and such? i used to hate that about PSX1....
What does this have to do with PT? well uh , i bet all the music on PS2 games were recorded with PTools... so in conclusion, dont eat beef...

masmit
01-29-2001, 03:32 PM
Well, if we're trying to up the post count, 'Back in the USSR' was one of McCartneys, and as he is not known for his especially left-wing views, we can probably assume that he was being ironic...

mixinmono
02-02-2001, 07:48 PM
Up the post count: what does that mean? More post-production dudes, what?

mixinmono
02-02-2001, 07:49 PM
Oh yeah, BTW GGGGGGGRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT website IMO. http://duc.digidesign.com/ubb/images/icons/shocked.gif

Mt.Everest
02-04-2001, 02:11 PM
BTW me 2 IMHO Im ROTFL , well BRB, k cya.. LOL

my .02

long live abbrev.

oh and whos paul mcartney? is that john lennons stage name or something? like meat loaf or something?

coaster
02-04-2001, 02:46 PM
paul mcArtnee is DEAD