PDA

View Full Version : Can't backup in Toast

TrueBlue
01-22-2001, 08:32 AM
If anyone can help me with this I would be extremely grateful. I have had the Digi 001 installed on a Mac g4 400 OS8.6 for about five months now. At first, Toast 4.0.2 would work fine for making backups of sessions. The problem started the first time I tried to make a backup of a session I had already backed up once before. Now I get an error that says something about "A file by this name already exists"???? I tried to work around it by putting all the audio, fades, etc. into a newly created session folder of a different and never before used name, but still no luck. While Toast will burn an audio cd, it appears that anything that is a "mac file & folder" will not. I believe the error message if followed by -48. DESPERATE!

Joe

Barnabas
01-22-2001, 10:37 AM
Strange.

When making data CDs with Toast, I always use the ISO 9660 format. This allows the CD to be read on a Mac or PC. Important: In the window that shows the files you want on the disc, select the "settings" tab and then under "Naming:" select "Allow Macintosh Names." This keeps Toast from tuncating the file names to DOS standards.

I hope this helps.

------------------
Chris Droessler
www.barnabas.com (http://www.barnabas.com) Barnabas MultiMedia

TrueBlue
01-25-2001, 07:16 AM
Thanks for your comments Barnabas, but still no luck. I'm not familiar with the ISO 9660 format, I know it's an option on Toast's 3.5.4 version that we have on a TDM system with a scsi cd-rw. But it does not appear to be an option on version 4.0.2 which we are running on an 001 system with an internal cd-rw.

I've tried everything and it still doesn't work. Time to go to Adaptec. I hate to though...I'm not crazy about their tech line.

Joe