PDA

View Full Version : ProTools and Reaktor

EricLee
01-21-2001, 06:39 PM
I'm running a G4 500Mhz with the Mix Plus system, and I am trying to use Reaktor...I've installed the program( and reinstalled) and for some reason I can't get audio...Sound Manager works fine but no DAE audio..OMS doesn't see it..but I typed in, in one of the slots on the IAC bus window and it comes up with the DirectConnect icon..I can select outputs with the Direct Connect..for some reason the Reaktor plug-in wasn't in the DAE plug-in folder, so I specifically reinstalled that plug-in..a window comes up asking for the folder...it's right there and it seems to install it, but there's no Reaktor PI in the folder when I open it up to see....I have gotten Unity DS-1 to work fine, but I'm having the same trouble getting Phrazer's audio to come through DAE....Same thing as Reaktor, OMS didn't see it, and I included it on the IAC window...so it comes up in ProTools but no audio....help...

chuckyt
01-22-2001, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by EricLee:
I'm running a G4 500Mhz with the Mix Plus system, and I am trying to use Reaktor...I've installed the program( and reinstalled) and for some reason I can't get audio...Sound Manager works fine but no DAE audio..OMS doesn't see it..but I typed in, in one of the slots on the IAC bus window and it comes up with the DirectConnect icon..I can select outputs with the Direct Connect..for some reason the Reaktor plug-in wasn't in the DAE plug-in folder, so I specifically reinstalled that plug-in..a window comes up asking for the folder...it's right there and it seems to install it, but there's no Reaktor PI in the folder when I open it up to see....I have gotten Unity DS-1 to work fine, but I'm having the same trouble getting Phrazer's audio to come through DAE....Same thing as Reaktor, OMS didn't see it, and I included it on the IAC window...so it comes up in ProTools but no audio....help...

When reaktor is installed by default it has 2 mono ouputs in the Audio Outputs section - you should choose
0-mono
1-stereo

Make sure the audio outputs section of Reaktor is set to "DAE Direct Connect"
create a stereo aux in PT
the reaktor Plug in should be visible in the top section of the plug ins list !

( Reaktor by default will be set to mono, so you could choose a mono Aux in PT & the plug in should be active - BUT reaktor chooses the mono outputs first then the stereo ones, so you have to set the output of the instrument in the editor of reaktor to come out of outputs 3-4 [ mono-a output 1, mono-b output 2, stereo-a outputs 3-4] - it's not super clear in the manual)

You should set up a IAC instrument in OMS (double click IAC in the setup window of OMS & you will get a list ) name one of the empty buses Reaktor, then you choose it as the 'MIDI in' within reaktor ( make sure you have chosen OMS as the MIDI driver )
You can then choose reaktor-1 from the MIDI instrument within PT & when rec is enabled you should see the MIDI light in reaktor flash
(don't forget to enable Active in background for Pro tools & Run MIDI in background in OMS )

I hope this helps

Chuck

EricLee
01-23-2001, 05:23 PM
chuck, thanks....I had it all figured except the outputs from Reaktor....works like a charm now....
Thanks again...