PDA

View Full Version : How to make .wav files of akai cd-roms

Digidaw
01-19-2001, 05:24 PM
I have a few akai cd-roms I want to convert into .WAV which I can use with both logic and Protools. The questions is... what programs do I use (I assume these programs also save program setups?).

Thanks.

Stratman
01-20-2001, 10:33 PM
You should go to the Trouble Shooting forum for Windows for that question. In the Mac world there is a program by Bitheadz called Osmosis that does that.

Good Luck

Giulio
01-21-2001, 08:49 AM
you can find some in akaipro's web page, in particular in the support section and in the mailing list.

Ploch Klaus
01-26-2001, 06:02 AM
Maybe you could rent a S-5000/6000 for some time - if you load in a program from older Akais it will convert it to .wav anyway - and these files from the S5000/6000 could be stored then to another media...

klaus

snoopy
01-26-2001, 07:47 AM
Osmosis by Bitzheads does exactly that. You put the Akai CDrom in and choose a format to save it as. I can't remember if it does wav files (though logic uses sound designer 2 files i thought). Even if it doesn't do wavs, save as sdII and use sound converter to batch convert to WAV files. My question now is - is there an easy way to get all of my samplecell II samples over to an MPC2000XL? Im hoping they just read DOS formatted disks and read wav files (convert sdII to wav). Anyone know before i spend a lot of time trying?

David Sumich
01-26-2001, 05:45 PM
Yes, Osmosis by BitHeadz does exactly what you are looking for, and it works great. It converts to AIFF and Wave files (SDII on Mac) and Unity format. It works on both Mac and Windows and it works with anything Akai formatted - CDs, Zips, Jaz and MO.

David Sumich
Digidesign