PDA

View Full Version : WaveShell 3 causes my G4 to freeze

RicardoEscallon
01-18-2001, 08:09 AM
I installed the new Waves TDM bundle 3.
After authorizing it, when I launch ProTools and it gets to the point of the spinning Waves Logo, it freezes.

If I remove the WaveShell from the PlugIns folder, PT works fine.

I have tried reinstalling everything, removing DAE and Digi preferences, changing memory size for both DAE and PT, but it is always the same.

PT MixPlus 5,01
G4 500 DP, MacOS 9.04
512 RAM
888/24

In the PCI slots:
MixCore
MixFarm
Atto

I have the Mac OS base extensions, and turned off all the printers and drivers for stuff I don't need. I just left the Digidesign extensions on.

Anyone can help me?

Dog BBQ
01-18-2001, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by RicardoEscallon:
I have tried reinstalling everything, removing DAE and Digi preferences, changing memory size for both DAE and PT, but it is always the same.

Did you trash the Waves Preferences? I didn't see that listed in your post.

------------------
[email protected]
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif">quote:<HR>The Greatest Risk in Life is Doing Nothing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

swablar
01-18-2001, 11:24 AM
and what are you memory settings?

minmum and preferred?

RicardoEscallon
01-19-2001, 12:32 AM
I trashed the Waves preferences too, but the problem persists.

Now I have 60MB assigned to both PT and DAE.

DAE suggests 19611 K and PT 31283 K.

Thank you,
Ricardo

RicardoEscallon
01-19-2001, 08:47 AM
Just a bump.

I have not been able to solve the problem. Waves tech supt recommended to allocate 80 MB to DAE and open just the DAE application, but I get the same results. After spinning for a while, the computer freezes. If I remove the WaveShell from the Plug-ins folder, everything works perfect.

Thank you

khoop
01-20-2001, 11:19 PM
Hey,

I've had the exact same problem. Upgraded to Waves 3.0. Demo mode worked fine. Once I paid for the upgrade and authorized it, it always crashes on startup. Have 100 megs to DAE...trashed DAE prefs, digisetup, waves prefs. Called waves, and they couldn't figure it out, either. I think it's a PACE issue. Taken all plugs but digi-core plugs and waveshell 3.0, and the problem still exists. If Waves can't troubleshoot their own software....

G4/450 AGP. Digi 13-slot chassis. OS 9.04.

- kent

Huby SEA
02-01-2001, 04:56 PM
EXACTLY the same case over-here:
G4/450sp OS 9.1-Fu , but works ok with Waves V. 2.6 on Imate+Dongle.

Huby

Huby SEA
02-02-2001, 03:02 AM
Hello Waves????

tech_head
02-02-2001, 11:21 AM
Hi,

I guess I won't be buying that 2.8 -> 3.0
upgrade until this is solved. I hate to buy
broken software only to hear "we are working
on it."

tech

mixinmono
02-02-2001, 06:57 PM
This isn't the Waves I used to know and love. Ever since I heard they did'nt fix the the Ren EQ popping bypass button in version 3, I started not loving Waves as much...

'It was good babe, but now you seem distant...'

How long's it been now, since that bypass pops... 2 years?...

I feel the TDM users are paying a lot, and support just seems to be worstening. A lot of these system are in pro paying rooms...

Also the G4 setup is a pretty common one. This should not happen. And they don't seem to have a clue.

Waiting before I upgrade for sure.

Huby SEA
02-03-2001, 12:21 AM
I yust got this folowing mail from Waves, I'll try this monday afternoon, and keep you utd.

-------------------------------------------------
Huby,
Two things, make sure that you have at least 70MB allocated to the DAE
application. Also try removing all the plug-ins from the Waves plug-ins
folder, with the exception of one plug-in and the WavesLib. Open ProTools
and see if it will launch and if so try putting the other plug-ins back in
the folder one or two at a time and see if this helps.
-------------------------------------------------------

Greetings,

Huby

Pietari Koskinen
02-03-2001, 03:41 AM
Wow, I am glad that I didn't upgrade! I am using Gold 2.8.1 every day without problems. Hmm, when those bugs are fixed, the L2 will be probably included too. Then it's time to upgrade for me.

khoop
02-03-2001, 07:48 PM
Huba,

Have you tried Waves suggestion of taking the plugins out and adding them one at a time? Waves told me the same thing, but I haven't had time to try it. Allocating more memory does not solve the problem. They also suggest a complete reformat of my drive, which I'm not looking forward to .

Anyone had any luck solving this?

- KH

Jan Folkson
02-04-2001, 09:37 AM
I just upgraded a 500DP to Waves Gold TDM 3.0. I've got 96MB allocated to PT and 60MB allocated to DAE. No problems whatsoever. Didn't even trash the waves prefs! So it sounds like something else might be going on here.

- Jan

Arno Peeters
02-04-2001, 01:39 PM
Maybe it's tied to the G4 ?
There are several user who have a delay up to 26 secs when calling upon *any* audiosuite-plugin after installing the Waves 3 Gold Bundle (TDM or RTAS).
Most of them seem to be on G4's.

Waves is still not publically admitting that there's something wrong here....

------------------
Arno Peeters
Tape TV Productions (http://www.tapetv.nl)

uno1234
02-04-2001, 07:14 PM
I hate Waves. I really think they took all the stupid people from VISA, Verizon, and TWA, made them put together Waves' company policies, and then forced them to answer the company phones. The issue? They blame everyone else for problems with their upgrades.

Let's say that Apple comes out with new computers (they always do).... when the old Digi cards don't work with the new Apple computers, does Digi say-- oh, it's Apple's fault? No-- because Digi develops for Apple, just as Waves develops for Digi. Waves has a tendency to think it's everyone else's problem. Now, I don't know specifically what's going on here, but it sounds like another one of those things where Waves is gonna say-- it's Digi's fault, it's Apple's fault, it friggin' Verizon's fault-- "JUST NOT OUR FAULT"...??? Thanks for a great product and terrible support. Sorry for the rant.

[This message has been edited by uno1234 (edited February 04, 2001).]