PDA

View Full Version : Beta results on Multishell II ? what we miss

fizz
01-16-2001, 11:57 AM
yes, to be honest
I think a lot digi users are curious about that.

Will the new Multishell II really solve the mess with different plug ins.

When i bought my mix system about 1 1/2 year ago, i might have been a kind of dumb and unexperienced. But with the first bigger mixdowns rising up, i had to realise, that a lot of the promised power layed down there unused in my chips. So I became a professional plugin ...mover ..chooser ...closer .....

I was very sad, seeing digi not fixin these demands/problems in following releases 5.0/5.01. The improvements were to less. So i asked myself again an again, why did i buy this mercedes and a lot of expencive Plugs, when i can go only with 70% or less.

Sometimes i felt lucky findin' a combination that seemed to fill my chips. But not without compromising.

So my expectations are big .....
and by the way, i would like to know, who is telling the devellopers, how they have to program their plugs that they go conform with others? This cannot be a matter of programming. Do i see some public relation in my chips or what is it?

and I would be very interested in some true feedbacks from beta testers about improvements with the new Multishell II, you all hve to know i love PT and would even more.

fizz

------------------

------------------

JC925602
01-17-2001, 12:13 AM
Hummmmm....
Programmer from diferent cie will work together, and we will have a better system, and....

it will go as good as it can be, that' it.

JC

p.s Ther is not as many people that buy a protools than there is people that buy Celin Dion CD (btw I don't)

F Umminger
01-17-2001, 02:00 PM
I don't know what your sessions are like, so I can't say for sure if MultiShell II will "solve the mess" for you. What I can say is that with Multishell II:

- Most Digi plugins will be Multishell compliant, leading to better sharing.
- A number of Digi plugins have been significantly optimized, increasing the number that can be instantiated.
- Multishell plugins can now more effectively take advantage of the different kinds of dsp memeory on the different kinds of chips (before they could only use internal memeory).
- Multishell II has been opened up to third parties, so it is at least possible for them to start taking advantage of it. Previously it had been kept closed so that we could fix some warts in the original implementation.

If your sessions mostly use Digi plugins you should see a big improvement. If you mostly use third party plugins then the improvement will probably be modest until they release Multishell versions.

Sincerely,

Frederick Umminger
Digidesign Plugin Engineer