PDA

View Full Version : Reverb One Crashes

MacPhearson
01-14-2001, 04:21 AM
I have been experiencing some serious crashes with Reverb One. I am running a PT 24 Mix system on a Mac 9600/300 upgraded to a Newer Tech G3/400 with Mac OS 9. Here is what I am experiencing......If I have just a few Waves, Digi, or Bombfactory plug-ins inserted, often times as few as a total of just one or two other "low" DSP plug-ins inserted, and then insert Reverb One on an aux. input fader, my system crashes.

I am able to load a session up with waves, TC, and Bombfactory plug-ins to the full extent of my DSP power without any crashes. I can then also load either Lexiverb, TC MegaReverb, or Waves Ren Reverb onto a stereo aux. input fader with no crashing problems. But just as soon as I try to insert Reverb One onto the stereo aux. fader, I am guaranteed a crash.

The only way I have been able to use Reverb One is to insert it first on an ax input fader before I ever insert any other plug-ins. By inserting Reverb One first before inserting any other plug-in, I am then able to insert a fair amount of other plug-ins up to a point without experiencing crashes.

Anybody else having this problem with Reverb One?

DigiTechSupt
01-15-2001, 06:05 AM
-What version of Pro Tools are you running?

-Since we do not support CPU accelerators, install the stock processor and see if the behavior continues.

-Trash the DAE prefs (the entire folder) from the System Folder>Preferences folder. Empty the Trash and relaunch Pro Tools.

-Open the Extensions Manager Control Panel. From the selected set pop-up menu, select “OS 8.x base” click on “Duplicate Set" at the bottom of the window. Name the set whatever you like. Enable the following extensions and restart the computer:
-Digidesign Control Panel
-DigiSystem INIT
-Digidesign DSP Manager
-Digidesign Stream Manager (only if using DirectConnect)
-Open Music System

Brent

MacPhearson
01-15-2001, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by DigiTechSupt:
-What version of Pro Tools are you running?

-Since we do not support CPU accelerators, install the stock processor and see if the behavior continues.

-Trash the DAE prefs (the entire folder) from the System Folder>Preferences folder. Empty the Trash and relaunch Pro Tools.

-Open the Extensions Manager Control Panel. From the selected set pop-up menu, select “OS 8.x base” click on “Duplicate Set" at the bottom of the window. Name the set whatever you like. Enable the following extensions and restart the computer:
-Digidesign Control Panel
-DigiSystem INIT
-Digidesign DSP Manager
-Digidesign Stream Manager (only if using DirectConnect)
-Open Music System

Brent

Hi Brent,

I did everything you recommended........took out the G3/400 Newer Tech processor and replaced it with the stock 9600/300 processor, trashed preferences and restarted computer as usual, created a new base set in the extension manager, followed your instructions for settings, and restarted computer. I still crashed when I attempted to insert Reverb One on a stereo aux fader. Once again I trashed prefs, restarted, and zapped P RAM on restart. I still crashed and received another type 3 error when I inserted Reverb One on a stereo aux fader.

I have DAE memory set at 80000 and Pro Tools memory set for 60000. I am also running Pro Tools 5.01. Last week I did a clean install of Mac 0S 9 and Pro Tools 5.01 and drug my plug-ins from the Previous system folder into the new system folder as instructed by tech support on the phone in order to hopefully eliminate this Reverb One problem. Still no success at that time. I then trashed Reverb One from the plug-ins folder in the DAE folder and reinstalled it. I have absolutely no idea what to do next.

Any more suggestions?

MacPhearson
01-15-2001, 10:40 PM
I would like to say that on the few occasions when I am able to successfully insert Reverb One, it is truly a great reverb Plug-in.

MacPhearson
01-15-2001, 11:00 PM
Could it be possible that I received from Digi a defective installation CD with the Reverb One installation which could be causing my crashing problems?

DigiTechSupt
01-17-2001, 04:55 AM
-Check your drives for the possibility of a Virus using Virex, Norton AntiVirus or any other such utility. Repair any and all corrupted files.

-If you are launching from a session template, create a new session (File>New Session) and see if the crashing persists.

-To eliminate the possibility of a conflict with the WaveShell, remove it from the DAE Folder>Plug Ins folder. Open a session and try to instantiate Reverb One after another third party plug-in such as TC MegaVerb.

Brent