PDA

View Full Version : DAE error 87

gonzalo
01-02-2005, 04:39 PM
I have windows xp pro, pentium 4, 3 gig processor. intel desktop board D875PBZ, 875 family chipset ...i have a lsi, lsiu160 scsi sgl ch host adap, 20160 (scsi card) also a quantegy fhd 120 firewire drive, running pro tools le 6.4 on the digi 001...here are my questions:

1) i get the DAE error 87 & it stops my machine , what is the dae error 87 & how do i fix his? i get this error when i run a session from my ide drive, my firewire drive or my scsi drives (i have three) is this a System problem ...i have troubleshot pro tools & all is working & have passed all the tests ...is there a system configuration i'm not aware of ...please help!
2) what is an accselerator card? do i need a scsi accelerator card?
3) how can i increase the data/bit transfer rate on my scsi card?

my computer was built just for pro tools & it won't work ...PLEASE help !
thank you in abundance for anyone willing to help.

happy new year 2005,
gonzo

Dogcode
01-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Look in the answer base (http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=2975). You cant run 24 bit from an IDE drive.

..dog

gonzalo
01-02-2005, 04:45 PM
i have been all over the answer base i have contacted tech support & so far my problems persists cause i have not had the direction...might you have some answers...please give me some details...thanks dog

Dogcode
01-02-2005, 04:47 PM
Click on my link above..........."in the answerbase"

Avid
01-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Check the link above that Dogcode gave you, and this one:
http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=6358

It could be a problem if you are attempting to record or playback to your system drive. Make sure you have a separate dedicated audio drive (recently defragmented or formatted) for record and playback and see if you still get the error.

You can also try doing a search in the Answerbase for this group of words:
dae error 67

and that will bring up 3 pages of results, with that one among them. The others may not be relevant. It helps tremendously when you post on the DUC if you give the exact text from the error message. Unless it just says "DAE Error 67", there is usually more text than that in most error messages.

gonzalo
01-02-2005, 08:13 PM
i have been trying everything for two days ...i'm using my firewire drive which is separate then my ide drive ...i also am running scsi drives which produce the same "Dae error 87 encountered " ( not "67"???) that is all it says ...so please help further.
thank you i'm doing everything in my power to find a solution.
thanks, i'll go to this other link to see what is there...

Dogcode
01-02-2005, 08:30 PM
You should be more specific with your system details. Are you runnung mbox, 002, etc. What version? If I can`t help you, someone here can. Just give as much info as you can.

...dog

gonzalo
01-02-2005, 08:49 PM
please see the initial post it has all the pertinent info...i'm running digi 001
how can i find the DigiSetup file in window xp pro...i went to the answer base "DAE error 67 & this is the only suggestion i gained from all those errors posted...i did not find anything related to the Dae error 87 encountered"
Please help.
thanks

p.s. pro tools let me stat my session from the begining of the song ... but when i try to start in the middle or anywhere else it gives me the Dae error 87 was encountered " that is all it says & it stops the play bac...i'm trying ....

Dogcode
01-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Click here (http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=6358) to read the answer base response to error 87. Now..........I`ve had some of the same errors in the last few days. But only for certain sessions. My fix was to open the session. Upon receiving the error 87, I would do a "save session copy in". Make sure you check the "Include audio files" box. Open the new session, and choose "no" when you are prompted to check disk allocation. This has worked for me. Try it and check back.

....dog

gonzalo
01-02-2005, 09:41 PM
o.k. i'll try that & i did already print that answer base Dae error 87 page ...i'm keepeing record of all that i'm trying so as i do not duplicate any trouble shooting ...i'm also checking all my sessions to be sure they are correctly allocated to my firewire drive...which now houses all my sessions...i have nothing in my scsi drives...so all audio files are coming from one source the fireiwre drive when pro tools is looking for audio files...i'll keep you informed when i try your method...
best,
g

as a follow up i tired your method dog but unfortunately it did not work...i looked at all my sessions & they are correctly allocated to the firewire drive ...but every single session produced the DAE error 87 was encountered...i need some help ...i'm exausted...
gonzo