PDA

View Full Version : Battery 2 RTAS with Pro-tools LE

toftee001
01-01-2005, 05:12 AM
Hi, is there anyone out there who uses battery 2 with pro-tools and could maybe help me get it up and running. Everything is loaded but I can't seem to work out how to play more than one sound at a time through the midi track in PT. Can anyone step me through the process??? Really needing some help here. Thanks for reading this post.

Toftee001.

PT LE 6.4
Windows XP Home
AMD Athlon 3.0

T666
01-01-2005, 03:34 PM
i had the exact same problem dood... and noone came back with an answer so i found the solution.
dont use battery.
for example if u can try kontakt.
drag a sample into kontakt onto the note u want it to triger from then look below in the loop editor and make sure you set it to ONE SHOT.
it will trigger the full sample once no problems.

toftee001
01-01-2005, 08:09 PM
It say's it supports RTAS, I don't see why I am only able to play 1 sample at a time. If you are right and you can't then Native Instruments have one BIG SERIOUS PROBLEM but I don't think that's the case. Can anyone else enligten me with your expertise? I just want to use battery 2 like for example I use the reason 2.5 adapted version.

spkguitar
01-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Battery 2 is working fine for me. Inserted as RTAS on a stereo aux, and triggered through a MIDI track in record mode. I can trigger it from either of my keyboard controllers, or through my alesis D4 with drum triggers. No problems triggering two notes at the same time whatsoever.

toftee001
01-01-2005, 09:14 PM
OK I'VE FIXED IT ALL BY MYSELF!!!! You have to load the battery 2 plugin under program files - common files - digidesign - dae - plugins and it will work properly!!! I new there was something wrong with the latency etc. Yeah!!!!

toftee001
01-02-2005, 03:58 AM
Ok it wasn't actually the folder I installed battery 2 into, it was the LATEST UPDATE believe it or not from Native instruments!!! When I load the update it stops me from being able to play more than one note a time!!! How dumb is that??? Has anyone else had this problem???? Comments etc??? Thanks for reading my frustrations from the past 2 weeks!!! hahaha, that's how long it's taken me to figure this out. No thanks to N.I.

funkgypsy
02-07-2005, 03:55 PM
hey, T666,

are you using a digi001 card? toftee001 is and so am i, we are both having this problem with battery. spkguitar on the other hand has no trouble, and he is using a digi002.

T666
02-07-2005, 11:34 PM
sup dood
im on the 002 ptle v6.7cs7
with battery i gave up after my last post i couldnt get it to play more than one note at a time

u could try one thing tho,
try hit record enable on the midi track that targets the plugin, once i tried that when i had the 001 and after that battery worked. infact i could then disable the record and it worked from then on. but i remmeber theirs heaps of hidden settings so bascialy [bleep] that i dont use it no more

check out kontakt instead dood
it looks more complicated but its not actualy and its way cooler
duno bout the prices just download it and buy if later if u find its somethgin u want to use and can afford etc

kontakt works no problem, just find the 'one shot' setting or your samples stop as soon as u release (defaolt) but its easy to find this setting in loop editor i think
kontakt is sick

BUT NEITHER OF THEM CAN DO RTAS MULTIPLE OUTPUTS FOR WINDOWS XP only mac

So im not buying it
Peace out dood

funkgypsy
02-08-2005, 02:55 PM
thanks for the reply T666.

I have seen Kontakt in action, the interface looks clumsy to me and a little too small and cluttered. I am digging the demo version of battery and i would love to get it to work. it is well laid out, i can find my way around pretty easily. Very intuitive. I would love to get this figured out.

I appreciate your info.