PDA

View Full Version : what do YOU want to accomplish in 2005?

badperson
12-31-2004, 08:51 PM
I want to build at least two diy compressors and a couple stompboxes

I want to be a good drum programmer at the end of 2005. (I suck now)

I want to:
--build a new pc
--become more fluent in editing
--become more fluent with different mic placements; x-y, ortf, etc.
--have 8 songs that are really "done" that I can show people, with drums recorded in a studio

Thats it....I think.....

bp

daustin777
12-31-2004, 08:57 PM
i want to quit reading this forum so much and get to writing and recording some music!
AAHHH.. distractions!

Analog Kid
01-02-2005, 12:14 AM
I would like to (in no necessary order here):

-Become a much better guitar player (I am kinda sucking at the moment)
-Improve my speed when it comes to editing
-Record/edit/mix outside clients
-Finally get outta debt
-Play in a band that can land a gig or two
-Record at least 6 to 8 songs of my own material
-That's about all I can think of for now....

The Kid

KingFish
01-02-2005, 12:19 AM
Work a little less, live a little more

Harry Destin
01-02-2005, 01:09 AM
Live a little less, work a lot more.

Harry

jeffwuollet
01-02-2005, 01:28 AM
Spend more time with Tobbacoo and Hard liquor and less with bands that suck in my studio. Oh...wait...I already do that...

Eddie D
01-02-2005, 04:38 AM
Hmmmmmm so many things to mention!

Lets see, Graduate in Aug with 3.5 gpa or above.
Finish my frontend off with purchasing a john hardy m1, Avalon 737sp, Apogee Rosetta 800 and Soundelux u195.
This way here my girl can stop asking me what Im thinking about, when she is talking about something important and I'm thinking about how Im gonna get my next purchase. Seriously I think I have a problem and need some help. Can anyone loan me about $5,500.00 so I can get over this crazy addiction.

This is the gear, I plan on having before the new year. I will post an update in 363 days

Peace

John Hey
01-02-2005, 09:16 AM
Jeff --- I like that !!!

I hope to finally get back to doing live performing this year. I have been playing for over 30 years; however, the last 15 I have not done any live stuff. I miss it!! Now that I going to be single again, I want to see the women dancing….and the young cute girls…did I mention the drunken women dancing???

lemix
01-02-2005, 09:23 AM
My plans are very simple;
I'd like to loose most unnecessary ties to constantly upgrading technology, and get back to work in the "old school" way. Still using PT, of course, but focusing on the true content, musicianship and live only performances.
That will reduce my chances to get more bookings, but the quality of outcome will be worth it.
Of course, need to find a job (non-studio) to help paying bills.
I'll keep you updated...
cheers and a Happy 2005 to all !!!

RolandK
01-02-2005, 10:08 AM
- finish my bands upcoming record, which I tracked almost all of and will mix most of. Hopefully out in the spring.

- get back to being more of a musician and less of a recording engineer.

- along the same lines as lemix, stop obsessing about buying gear and making the most out of what I already have, which is plenty.

- just getting better at everything, a better person, better musician, better engineer.

pk_hat
01-02-2005, 10:22 AM
Take piano lessons again
Inject a little more soul in my electronic projects
Listen to more music, for the sake of listening and inspiration
Finally get that album out on www.cdbaby.net (http://www.cdbaby.net)

ptrbas
01-02-2005, 11:00 AM
To finish my band recording sessions, 16 songs on my harddisk. Redo all the guide drums and vocal tracks, this time for real. Then mixing... and publish it, my band publishing inc. that will be incorporated this year. Building up a great website for this project.

After the garanteed sell of atleast 300 copies to our band inner circle I hope to sell a few thousands more...

I hope to accomplish this in 2005, and get laid more often..

Pieter

lemix
01-02-2005, 12:47 PM
ptrbas ,

..one would think that is quite easy in Amsterdam...

Roy Howell
01-02-2005, 01:55 PM
ptrbas-

Pieter

Always a good New Year's resolution, Pieter...a fine goal indeed.

skyking
01-02-2005, 04:41 PM
still have a pulse for starters followed by......making a little money maybe with my studio and keep learning more about recording.......be a better player ......add a few new toys to my arsenal.....maybe build a guitar in my woodshop which is something i always wanted to do.....walk out of my woodshop with the same amount of fingers as i walked in with chas

macr0w
01-02-2005, 06:08 PM
To live to see 2006 in at least as good a health as I'm in right now. So I can see my boy become a year older.

Aoede
01-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Get PT free of playback errors so I can actually use it to record music.

nightshadecrisis
01-02-2005, 06:40 PM
more music, less technology.
seems simple, we'll see how it goes....

Jumpman
01-02-2005, 07:19 PM
1. Upgrade our system
2. Keep learning PT and mixing
3. Stay in touch with my family and become the father I wish I had
4. Help one of my young clients get discovered! This girl is incredible and I'm not sure how to get her off the ground!
5. Keep the business rolling!

Good luck to all!

~Dave Turnbull