PDA

View Full Version : [Help] DAE 1115 on Startup

mgstieg
12-31-2004, 04:02 PM
Hello. I'm new to Pro Tools and having some problems. Running PT LE 6.4cs9 with the Digi002Rack on a new Dell Dimension 3000 with XP SP2. Trouble is that the program will fail to load about 80% of the time giving me a DAE 1115 error. I can't isolate a cause at all. The only advice I've found is to disable PCI-DRAM Prefetching in the BIOS, but I do not seem to have that option on this machine.

After I reboot the computer and power-cycle the 002, say a few prayers and do a little dance, it will eventually load up, but I haven't found any sure-fire way to make it work when I need it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys,
-Mike

Dell Dimension 3000. Windows XP SP2. 2.8Ghz P4. 512Mb DDR. 160Gb HDD. VIA Firewire.

psxman
01-03-2005, 03:49 PM
hay man
same problem here. i'm running with the same dell but with sp1 and 1.8 gig processor
as far as i know i am getting all the answers of firewire communication problem but yetno helpfull answers.could you please let me know what you come up with and i will do the same.
bill

Dogcode
01-03-2005, 04:13 PM
Read here (http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=26600) to find out about dae 1115 error.

...dog

mgstieg
01-04-2005, 09:46 PM
My chipset is on the good list. But I tried updating it's driver as well as the system BIOS after talking with tech-support. Neither helped any. Next I tried replacing my Firewire card (from VIA) with another one (Texas Instruments). That seems to have done the trick. I'm hoping it holds, but I think I may get one of the Digi-endorsed models just to be safe now.