PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Rig Bug Fix?

powerjoe
12-31-2004, 03:11 PM
I have not been able find a fix at the NI website for new 6.7 sessions containing Guitar Rig. Using this as a plugin in 6.7 session causes the entire PTLE program to terminate when exiting that session. I know they (NI) were adrressing this "known issue", but I cannot seem to find any info on it at the Digi Website or at the NI (Guitar Rig) websites.

Can anyone give me some information on the fix and where I can read more about it? Also, does anyone have a work around in place for such?

Your input and knowledge is very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Jerry K.
12-31-2004, 04:07 PM
I just used it all day today in 6.7 as a plug-in without a single problem. Go figure

tele_player
12-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Jerry - are you using the version supplied on the CD, or the downloaded update? Like powerjoe, I can't use GR on 6.7 without it crashing when I close the session, or when I try to remove the plugin from a track. I'm using the downloaded version the additional devices.

Jerry K.
12-31-2004, 05:06 PM
I am using version 1.1.1.001 I was able to drag the plug-in from an Aux track to a Audio track numerous times while I recorded guitar parts today. I was also able to shut down the session and not the program. I am running XP Home with service pack 2, don't know if that matters?

powerjoe
12-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey teleplayer, FWIW, I am using the lastest version of GuitarRig (downloaded). I am not running SP2, and am not sure that I want to, yet. I think you mentioned in another thread that NI was aware of the bug and were fixing it perhaps. I still can't find a note or anything from them about this.

Any chance you'll be trying SP2? I wonder if there is some kind of work around at all. Hmmmmm.,

tele_player
12-31-2004, 10:49 PM
I have no plans to try SP2, SP1 works fine for me, and that computer is only on the 'net for occasional updates of music-related software.

Fortunately, I've got the Full version of Amplitube, which is working pretty well. I some ways, I prefer it to Guitar Rig.

powerjoe
01-01-2005, 08:44 AM
I agree. I like the 1.3.1 version of Amplitube finally. It saves all changes in 6.7 and gives a pretty authentic sound as far as I am concerned. It is also less noisy for high gain stuff and I think the gate is better in Amplitube than in GR. I do like GR however and hope they can get a fix for it soon. Where did you read about the "know issue" in 6.7 teleplayer?

Thanks!

Cheers!

tele_player
01-01-2005, 08:48 AM
On the Guitar Rig Forum at Native Instruments.