PDA

View Full Version : possible 3rd input for mbox?

bigd
12-31-2004, 06:32 AM
Check this out...

Can this be a plausible third eye for the mbox?

combiner (http://www.whirlwindusa.com/comb.html)

As in recording guitar plugged in to 1 input, and 2 sm57s using the combiner?

Bazzle
12-31-2004, 07:06 AM
You are still only going to get one track.It is not going to split the signal going into the Mbox..A small mixer would be much more versatile.

bigd
12-31-2004, 07:08 AM
I guess you're right... I just liked the reverse polarity, and all that...

Bazzle
12-31-2004, 07:13 AM
I guess you're right... I just liked the reverse polarity, and all that...

Look for a nice little 8 channel mixer instead.That is just a glorified line box.

With a little mixer you can keep all your strips dedicated to the sources.Your guitar channel can always be the same as can your vocal mic and whatever else you have set up.

You then never have to change the input levels on the Mbox or screw around with plugging/unplugging things..Advantage being that once you get your levels set on the mixer you never have to change them for things that remain constant.

lemix
12-31-2004, 07:20 AM
Yes, a small mixer is a much more logical solution. That box gives you no flexibility at all.

things that remain constant

...they hardly ever do

cheers,

bigd
12-31-2004, 07:23 AM
thanks for the advice... I guess I'll take a look at the little behringer mixers. Problem is, the pre's on it don;t compare to the MBox pre's...

Bazzle
12-31-2004, 07:24 AM
things that remain constant

...they hardly ever do

cheers,

You know what I mean, big guy..If you always play the same guitar,and sing through the same mic,with the same voice, things pretty much stay constant.

lemix
12-31-2004, 07:28 AM
YO !