PDA

View Full Version : mike volume, i've tried everything

samrisio
12-30-2004, 09:36 PM
i have never been able to get the mike volume to be louder than the instruments with PT LE MBox..i have an Audio Technica ATM 41a that sounds fine through the system but really low when recorded...it is a dynamic mike so does not need phantom power...i have it going thru a boehringer UB1832 FX pro mixer...volume is up to 0...M Box settings are normal..75%...the meter in Pro TOols comes up Green enough...no volume???...can hardly hear it...if I had to use phantom power..i have it on the mixer and the M Box..how does that work out? and how can I set up to record and sing and play at the same time...this has been one royal pain in the ass..

drumkid
12-30-2004, 09:44 PM
If you are overdubbing the vocals, and not recording a live session, I would recommend plugging the mic directly into the mbox. After you have your track recorded you could normalize the track with the audiosuite plug-in. You could also apply some compression to the track, and have it work as another gain stage.

samrisio
12-30-2004, 09:54 PM
I am trying to sing and play live at the same time and I am afraid that I cannot do it with M Box and Pro Tools..I probably shoudl have bought a stand alone HD recorder..??

Bastiaan
12-30-2004, 10:12 PM
play with the mix/playback knob, and mute the track you are recording.

If you cant get your voice in the mix loud enough, chances are everything is much too loud. Try lowering the overall volume by backing off all those faders.

drumkid
12-30-2004, 10:16 PM
What instument are you playing?