PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Can't get started!

talkshowhost
12-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Hey everyone/anyone...

SPECS: Protools 6.4 on Windows XP SP2, M Box firmware 20

Just bought an M Box, installed it the way it said and now I'm getting this message when launching Pro Tools LE:
"This software requires installation of certain device drivers and a reboot before running. Please reboot and reinstall the software"

Found this solution on the Digidesign site :

-Right+click on "My Computer" in the Start menu, choose the hardware tab and click on "Device Manager.
-Choose View>Show hidden devices. A category labeled "Non-Plug and Play Drivers will become available.
-Expand the list and you will see an item called "TPkd."
-This item is is part of the PACE anti-piracy software that the Pro Tools LE installer copies to the hard drive.
-Right+click on the TPkd item and choose "Properties."
-Choose "Use this device (enable)" from the Device usage menu and restart the computer.

ONE PROBLEM : I HAVE NO ITEM CALLED 'TPkd' ANYWHERE...
What am I doing wrong??? Should I rollback to Windows SP1? and if so, how do I go about doing that?

Thanks for any help/suggestions!

John Hey
12-30-2004, 08:25 PM
You do not need to roll back to SP1. SP2 works great and has been certified by Digidesign. My copy of TPkd is located in the directory: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers.

Keith Owens
12-30-2004, 08:45 PM
Post deleted by Keith Owens

Bastiaan
12-30-2004, 10:24 PM
I think this relates to your Pace anti-piracy drivers (copy-protection).

Update them from http://www.paceap.com/dldrvr.html (be sure to pick the windows-version...)

talkshowhost
12-31-2004, 02:32 AM
No luck yet, but thanks for the suggestions.

I've hunted down/uninstalled/deleted everything, re-installed, patched on 6.4cs6 and then 6.4cs9, updated the Pace system drivers, but still getting the same "This software requires installation of certain device drivers and a reboot before running. Please reboot and reinstall the software"
message.

Anybody? Oh, and Happy New Year from Australia!!

Bazzle
12-31-2004, 05:47 AM
You can try a Windows search for files called TPKD.Look in hidden folders as well.Then delete the nasty,nasty little viruses and then try a reinstall.The Pace files should reinstall with the PT's software.