PDA

View Full Version : Random Popping....

mjb79
12-30-2004, 07:39 AM
hey guys, i gave up on trying to set my MBox up on my laptop, so i have it running on my PC (Dell 8250, P4) and i works beautifully... with one exception... i get random popping noises during recordng/playback. sone track might have 10 pops and another might not have any. i'm using a powered hub and good quality pre-amps and am recording at the highest buffer setting. i can't seem to delete the pops from the recorded track either.

any ideas?

thanks,
mike

SimpleNatureSpirit
12-30-2004, 10:58 AM
If the pops are random, I would suspect a 1/4" connection in the chain. These things can raise havoc. Clean the connectors with a good contact cleaner/lubricant and check the female hardware plugs for corrosion and tightness. Other than this, I do not know where to look except your word clocks.

Even my 1 year old digiOO2 had a bad connection till I wiggled the cable on input 5.

Good luck

mjb79
01-04-2005, 06:57 AM
thanks for the advice. i changed the extention chord i was using to power my pre-amp (higher quality) and eliminated the USB Hub and i think that did it. i got some great quality recordings the other night without any popping.
Will the USB Hub eliminate any of the very subtle background hiss?
thanks,
mike