PDA

View Full Version : Sata drive not recognized

E-Buzz
12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
I have an Mbox with PT 6.1.1 right out of the box installation on a PIV 3.0 gig with two sata drives. Root drive seems fine and PT installed with no problem. When i went to install the demo on the other Sata drive it did but when i went to play it it said it could not play the audio files because the drive was not designated as an audio volume becuase it is not a valid audio volume.
I went into the workspace and tryed to make ita valid audio volume but no luck. Is this because the Sata drive is not supported by Mbox or am i running to old a version of PT?
thanks for your help.

JamesV
12-30-2004, 05:37 AM
Can't comment on MBox, but SATA drives work OK with Digi002. Might want to look at the method your HDs were set up and formatted.

spkguitar
12-30-2004, 05:46 AM
Make sure the drive is formatted as a basic drive type, not dynamic. From page 16 of the Getting started guide: "Pro Tools only supports Basic drive Types."

E-Buzz
12-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Thank you. The drive was set to dynamic. It took a minute or two to figure out how to switch it to basic but that did the trick. It seems that xp sets the drive up to dynamic by default. Thanks again