PDA

View Full Version : how do i clock this?

maskedman72
12-29-2004, 01:10 PM
here is what i have:
a digi 002 and a mytek adc.
right now i clock the system with the mytek via spdif.
i am adding a digimax to my setup and it has wrdclk on it as does the mytek. the digi 002 does not have wrdclk on it.
so,while recording with the digimax should i clock the 002 with the mytek via spdif like i am doing now, or should i clock the digi 002 internally and hook the digimax up to the myteks wrdclk?

what method would give the best results sonically?

also, i have been told that you CANNOT record with both adat and spdif at the same time. is this true?

Bastiaan
12-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Use the Mytek as masterclock. Feed wordclock from the Mytek to the Digimax. Clock your 002 to either one of them.

Mytek internal sync
Digimax external/wordclock
002/ptle External (either to the Mytek or the Digimax)

Bastiaan
12-29-2004, 01:50 PM
And you CAN record adat and spdif at the same time, but you then have to use the RCA-spdif, and not the optical, as that is being used for the adat.

lemix
12-29-2004, 01:54 PM
maskedman72 .

Quite simple, really;
-leave the Mytek><002 unchanged
-run BNC W/C cable from the Mytek to the Digimax W/C in
-set Digimax to clock off external WC

> the Mytek should of course always be on, as it supplies the master clock for your system <

done...

maskedman72
12-30-2004, 02:08 AM
Use the Mytek as masterclock. Feed wordclock from the Mytek to the Digimax. Clock your 002 to either one of them.

Mytek internal sync
Digimax external/wordclock
002/ptle External (either to the Mytek or the Digimax)

i dont think the mytek will produce a clock signal on both the spdif output and the wdclk output at the same time. you have to choose between one or the other but you cant have both.(correct me if i am wrong)so that brings me back to my original question as to what method would be best.

lemix
12-30-2004, 06:17 AM
See post #751464 above..
It will work solid and give you 8X ADAT optical and 2X SPDIF coax feeds to the 002.

happy tooling,