PDA

View Full Version : Oxygen 8 M-Audio

Edson
12-29-2004, 05:50 AM
Ok..I have a Oxygen 8 M-Audio midi keyboard. What is the correct way to connect it so Pro Tools recogonizes it. Right now I simply have a USB cable going into the computer which powers the keyboard, will that be enough or do i need to connect a Midi to USB cable??

Thanks, this really has been giving me problems....

neatguys
12-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Thats all you need

Touch Sound
12-29-2004, 03:34 PM
You should connect MIDI cable from the keyboard to your 002

da BaSsTaRd!
12-30-2004, 08:53 AM
You should connect MIDI cable from the keyboard to your 002

no - use the usb. for some reason, these m-audio usb keyboards defeat the "PT steals midi ports" phonomenon. this will come in handy if you're rewiring anything into PT.

blizzard
12-30-2004, 10:45 AM
I just got the oxygen8 and reason and I am having usb problems here (http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=750990&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1#750990)

Curious as to what you mean by "PT steals midi ports"?

cheers
blizzard

da BaSsTaRd!
12-30-2004, 11:55 AM
i just checked out your other thread. looks like there's a 50/50 chance that it could be a hardware problem to me. you could format your system drive and reinstall windows. if that doesn't work, then its most likely a hardware problem.

PT and midi hardware are not good buddies. when you launch PT, PT will attempt to acquire exclusive use of and lock out all physical midi ports. what this means is that you can't use any of those midi ports with another program (such as reason) as long as PT has exclusive use of them. that really sucks because i like to sequence reason in the reason sequencer and when it's rewired to PT, reason can't get access to any midi ports to sequence with.

however, for some reason the m-audio usb midi ports (including the usb keyboards) get around this. i can use my radium 61 keyboard for both PT and reason when they're rewired together.

blizzard
12-30-2004, 12:07 PM
I think you're on the right track about a hardware problem. It seems like something might have gone awry inside the box. I just have to backup everything I need then I will format my system drive and reinstall XP. Fingers crossed that it works.

I'm glad to hear that the m-audio stuff seems to work around PT's greediness because I too want to work within Reason while it is rewired to PT.

thanks
blizzard