PDA

View Full Version : HELP - PT not opening

Andi R
12-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey all,
since yesterday evening PT simply does not open any more!!! I click on the desktop icon, in the menu, even on pts files, just nothing happens!!!! Everything went fine, I just rebooted the machine, changed NOTHING, and now it simply does not open!! I uninstalled it, I made the cs4 update, nothing happens!! anyone´s got any idea? Do I have to format my machine? remember, I changed nothing, installed nothing, it just does not open any more! What is it????

Thanks for any comments,

Andi

stevegrisham
12-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Try uninstalling PT and reinstalling, you won't loose anything...
sg

Andi R
12-28-2004, 09:49 PM
as written above, I already tried this! Still does not open again!
am I an idiot or what???????

albee1952
12-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Does absolutely nothing happen? If it starts to open and then closes, maybe you have a bad connection to your DIGI hardware?

Andi R
12-30-2004, 08:05 AM
nono, the 002r works, windows media player plays back tru it. It just happens NOTHING!!!!!
---> ???

Rail Jon Rogut
12-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Where in the startup sequence does it stop loading?

Uninstall Pro Tools and the ASIO and WaveDriver, search for the file dalwdm.sys and delete all occurences -- the reinstall Pro Tools and verify it works... reboot and install the ASIO and WaveDrivers.

Rail

Andi R
12-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Rail, it does not even open! I double click the icon, and just nothing happens. I will try what you suggested and report later.
THANKS!!

Andi

Andi R
12-31-2004, 04:59 AM
well, finally I reformatted C: and installed windows and PT 6.1 new. Everything is fine now again. I will use 6.4 again, and not 6.7, as it only brought me stress...
What a shame! you pay a lot of money and get a system just not opening some day! It had cost me one job; but after all I just hope it never happens again, as I still don´t know what happened there.
Cheers, Andi