PDA

View Full Version : pro tools improvement idea

kRokksOn
12-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Hey, you know what would be a great time saver working in Pro Tools!
If I could save track setups or even track group setups, Example:
If I´m about to record a drum kit using 12 tracks it would be great if I could just press ctrl+shift+n and be able to select track presets made by myself including basic plugins of my preference, panning, volume, notes or whatever or even track group presets consisting of my preferred setup. This would make the workflow even better in ProTools than it is already.

Just an idea:)

Rail Jon Rogut
12-28-2004, 09:29 AM
.. something which is already available in the TDM version... using Import Session Data

Rail

powerjoe
12-28-2004, 09:49 AM
.. something which is already available in the TDM version... using Import Session Data

Rail

Exactly, using Import Session Data works awesome for this. I use it all day, everyday and it is a serious time saver.

Good luck.

phentalmyst
12-28-2004, 10:14 AM
u can do those things now in LE...albeit a "backdoor" approach. just start a new session and name it "drum template". create all your tracks, group to yer liking, bring in your plug-ins, heck...even do some level checking. get it all set up...then just delete all the audio files you tested it with. now, any time you need to record drums, just make a dupe of that template file and yer gold.

works for me anyway.

Camilo Toledo
12-28-2004, 10:18 AM

Rail

I got a sesion data file from my friend Chris Cavell, of a song that he mixed for me, and since I had the original files on my pc all I did was to copy the file to the session and voila!! everything worked fine. The session data had all the plug ins, settings, and well!.... everything he did. I use PTLE. Is this the same thing Mr. Rail?