PDA

View Full Version : MIDI Problem turning me crasy!!!!!

tiouze
12-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Hi

I am having a problem with MIDI in Pro Tools LE 6.xxx on Windows XP.
The MIDI playback doesn't seems to be regular !!!
Let me explain you...
I build a midi track with MIDI notes drawed regulary (like for making a basic drum beat). Notes are on grid, quantized of course. I route my MIDI track to a virtual sampler like Sampletank or Battery and I record the output of this track with the sampler on another audio track. When I try to sync my audio file with my MIDI notes, I can't . It seems that the notes recorded in audio are not playing regularly, they aren't anymore on grid like the midi notes so I am unable to sync the audio recorded with the MIDI.
And the major problem is that the bug can be heared when the MIDI is playing. It's like some bad "humanize" effect you can find on some sequencers!!!
This problem is the same in 6.1 LE, 6.4 LE and......... 6.7LE!!!! I was waiting for the 6.7 upgrade and hoping that the problem would disapear but not!
I have tested with many stations runing with DIGI 001 or DIGI002. Different computer ( I am working on Windows systems) Always the same!!!
Could some one make the test to tell me if the problem is the same for all users?
Please help!!!
Thanks for all and sorry for my bad english!!
Tiouze

albee1952
12-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Just a shot in the dark here. Are you working with minutes:seconds or Bars:Beats? Bars:Beats is what you want so your grid matches tempo.

RSSstudio
12-27-2004, 10:59 PM
also, where is your H/W buffer...if set to 1028, you'll get that much of a delay on what you're hearing back. set to low latency monitoring or 64 samples, and try that.

tiouze
12-28-2004, 02:48 AM
Hi

Thanks for your answers
First of all I am working in Bar Beats
It's not a constant delay problem with the audio recorded from the virtual sampler out (in this case I would be able to resync my audio with my MIDI). The audio is desynchronysed with the midi but it's by chance( random? ). It means that sometimes my MIDI event it's a little bit before the "audio event" coreponding and sometimes it's after in the same audio recorded file. It depends. It's like this thing it's playing badly like an old 2 tracks analog tape player .
?????????!!!!!

BrettB
12-28-2004, 03:53 AM
also, where is your H/W buffer...if set to 1028, you'll get that much of a delay on what you're hearing back. set to low latency monitoring or 64 samples, and try that.

that would be my guess too.. sure you have checked that?