PDA

View Full Version : Recording Midi..

Edson
12-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Ok..a little new here so be patient. I'm trying to record drums using Reason on a midi track in Pro Tools. I set up a midi track but how do I get reason to launch on my midi track??

Thanks,
Edson

Keith Owens
12-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Post deleted by Keith Owens

Edson
12-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi, create a Stereo Aux Track beside the Midi track and put Reason there as an insert. Be sure to select the output there also- L&R Out

Hi, Ok I did that but now I can't get the keyboard to trigger the sounds...what am I suppose to put the midi tracks input and outputs on??

Thanks,
Edson

sourcery
12-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi,

If you check the Out-ports of your MIDI track, you will notice that once you put the Reason Plugin into the Audiotrack, you got a bunch of new MIDI-in ports to choose to send your MIDI signal to. Now to record drums you have to choose e.g ReDrum as the port you send your MIDI signals to.

However another cool way of recording drums from reason and ReDrum is just using the ReDrum "Roland-style" drum sequencer. The whole Reason suite should sync to your protools session the moment you plug it into ProTools.

Good luck!

/Kristian

yOkO
12-27-2004, 05:13 PM
open st. aux track, in your inputs,(don't know what your syst are)
choose reason,(in rewire mode) check you outed l/r, (these aux are always in inf. some bring up the volume)
if you already have a midi track, out your midi to reason,
and midi in choose you keyboard. put record on midi channel.

Edson
12-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Ok..i have a basic piano sound coming out of my computer speakers, (not my monitors)

A) how can I make the sound come out of my monitors?
B) How can I get drum sounds now, I"m actually trying to make sampletank work 1st...'
C) thanks...

Edson
12-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Ok..I got Sampletank to work out of my monitors the way I like without the keyboard I'm using which is the Oxygen 8 M-Audio

Now how can I get the same results with the keyboard plugged in, am I possibly connecting the keyboard wrong, I'm just connecting it with a USB cable into my computer's USB port??

Thanks guys, you're really helping me out!