PDA

View Full Version : MIDI question

random
12-27-2004, 12:05 PM
I am a new DIGI 002R user - and I need some advice.

First I had only 002R connected to my computer and a MIDI keyboard hooked up.
I did not have to make any changes, PT 6.7 could see the keyboard and I could record.

Then I had to install a sound card in my computer to be able to play back mp3.
Once I did that, PT can see the MIDI port on the sound card, but I can not see within PT the Digi 002 MIDI port.

How can I connect the keyboard directly to DIGI 002 MIDI port, instead of the MIDI on the sound card?
(My keyboard is an older Roland digital piano, not listed among the preset MIDI devices, selecteable in PT).

Thanks!

phentalmyst
12-27-2004, 01:04 PM
i know this isnt the exact thing you were wanting to hear, but if your computer came with a standard sound card with a speaker output, you could've just ran a line from that to the alt src RCA inputs on the back of the 002 and turned on the "alt src to mono". this way you can use the 002 for any sound driven app (games, winamp, etc) without running pro tools.

as far as your midi question...it doesnt sound right that pro tools would see the soundcard you installed. i thought it only works with digi hardware? its monday, and i have a concussion...please bear with me.

random
12-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Okay, I was too tired/excited or both...
PT has Digidesign listed as a MIDI device... I just had to create a new MIDI device with it...

Cheers...

random
12-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Hey,
Thanks for your reply.
PT can see the sound card in the computer via Windows - but Windows can't see the MIDI port on Digi 002...

But it's all okay now... see my other post.

Cheers.