PDA

View Full Version : Know how to throttle back the PCIbuss, Win XP?

stevegrisham
12-27-2004, 10:31 AM
I have been trying everything to get rid if my DAE errors.Mostly, -9093,9094 Operating System Held off interrupts for too long. Woo, Woo
what fun! I've been up and running and have done 2 CD projects in the last 30 days, and worked
around these errors. But they are still a pain.
I've been trying all the 'fixes'. None of which work yet. And even looking at the high dollar HD's that promise to rid one of these errors.
So a read in the digi answer base about 'throttling back' your PCI buss. It seems that this is
getting closer to what the problem could be.
But I couldn't figure out how to do that. Does anyone know? Or has anyone
had this stop their DAE erros?
Does anyone know what 'interrupts' are? I'm assuming they are something in the line between the HD and Motherboard/etc.
I've done a LOT of reading of the fixes, but none seem to work.

My system:
IC-VL67 High Performance Socket 478B Motherboard
Intel Celeron/P4 Core Logic: Intel 8286G + ICH5 Chipsets HYPER-THREADING (oh yea, I turn the hyper threading ON when I work because it just seems to work better, I get a higher plug in count)
800Mhz Front Side bus INtel NetBurst micro-architecture bus
1.5 Gig Ram
TI TSB43AB23 1394z Fire Host Controller Texas Instruments
Integrated Graphics Controller 865G GMCH
Recording to external fire wire Oxfort 911 Chipset Chassis, made by ADS
with a Western Digital 80Gig HD in it.
Running PTLE 6.1.1 (Should I go back to 5.*???)
Digi001 Hardware

I've got actually 3 issues that I am trying to overcome:
9093 Buffer errors, they can come 7 sec into the song or 2 1/2 minutes, 3 min etc.
Pops on punch in/out..start and stop as well...(I'm using a wireless keyboard and mouse, I read
where they were not allowed,but damn it I like them!)
Sound interrmitantly "drops out" usually on the begginning of the session, then after I
either re boot or save out of PTLE and go back in will resole the matter.)
Before I got the external fire wire drive I was recording to the internal
with not too much problems, now I can't get that HD to do anything. I had to change form
a WD to Hatchi, and I may try and change back to get it to work.
PT files that refuse to play, I usually start an NEW session and "import" the tracks to that session and all is well again.
PS. I just tryed working with Hyper Threading Disabled, still got interrupts error...

Thanks in advance,
sg
http://www.ghostridersband.net

Nitronick
12-27-2004, 11:28 AM
You could try this (http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm). I have been told it has gotten rid of errors for some people. It does take some tweaking and testing to find the happy medium best suited for your rig.
I didn't play with it too much because I haven't had that many error problems.