PDA

View Full Version : Update on our pal Joe Evans

K.B.
12-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Just heard from the man, and he's not well. I'm sure some of you already know. Anyway I sent him an xmas card and got this reply : (I'm sure he wouldn't mind)
Merry Christmas to you and Daisy!

I have been out of the loop a bit. I had been hospitalized for what they initially thought was a CVA or Stroke. It still is some sort of neurological problem, but maybe not permanent. It came on with me losing the use of my legs for about a week. I am able to walk now and I have even been back to work for one shift, but it’s still touch and go for the moment. Some of my lab work showed tremendous damage to the muscles in my legs from the falls I sustained with the onset. (I fell seven times before it sunk in that my leg’s weren’t working) I still have residual numbness and pain to my left leg, but we are working on that. Please tell everyone at the DUC Happy Holidays for me and hopefully I can get around to visiting there soon. I miss you guys!

Chris Cavell
12-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Wow...I had no idea...be sure to pass on our best wishes Karel.

(and thanks for the e-card...probably the most well thought out gift I received this christmas)

Cliffy_Boy
12-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Hey Big Joe - your crew needs you back. Get well soon.

superpenguin79
12-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Don't think I know Joe, but please fwd my best wishes to him and his family also.

K.B.
12-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Truth is I am a paramedic, but sometimes I feel like a prostitute after a shift.

He's a great guy. I'll bet he's picked up some nasty virus from his work. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, as they say. I'm genuinely shocked to hear the bad news. Let's hope he recovers fully.

Riad
12-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Wow, I remember that thread. I really hope you're feeling better very soon.

Warm Regards,
Rob

Roy Howell
12-26-2004, 02:09 PM
So sorry to hear this about Joe...here's to a full and speedy recovery.
-Roy

Hit$quad
12-26-2004, 02:37 PM
I hope Joe is getting better and '05 full recovery
I feel a sence of comunity here and its a good feeling

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!

Straatocastoer
12-26-2004, 04:37 PM
I too had serious health issues in '04, and to be quite frank with everyone -- I am lucky to be alive.

Joe: speedy recovery to you. I know first hand how hard it can be to fight your way back, but keep at it, and never give in my friend. You will win.