PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tools 6.4 Help Function

Warwick
12-25-2004, 11:08 PM
When trying to use the 'Help' function in PT 6.4 for XP, I get the following message; "This is not a valid Protools session file". I have the genuine installation disc and have re-installed it a few times to no avail, so if anyone can HELP me out I would really appreciate it 'cause I just got the System yesterday and would really like to use it rather than spend all my time work things out. Thanks.

JustMe
12-26-2004, 12:19 PM
hi

here's (http://duc.digidesign.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=737496&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1) a link to a thread where i posted some info.

hope it helps

KingFish
12-26-2004, 02:52 PM
sounds like you're trying to open the help files with the Pro-tools application, you need acrobat reader to open these files, which is a free download from Adobe.com

you may have "file associated" the Pro-tools executable, to always open files of this type, in which case, if the acrobat insatallation does not, re-associate the file extention, you may have to "right click" one of the help files, select "open with" and check the box that says "Always open this file type with..." and select Adobe acrobat from the executables list.

Good Luck.

K.B.
12-26-2004, 02:59 PM
acrobat reader is also on the PT installation disk.

You'll also find a copy of answerbase if you root around on that disk, which you can then copy (or install, I can't remember) onto your hard drive, and then drag a shortcut into your start menu from where it's easily accessible.

Warwick
12-27-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks so much guys! Problem solved! I downloaded and installed 'Adobe Reader 7.0' and the 'Help' Fuction is now fully activated in Pro Tools.
Cheers! Thanks for your time.