PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! losing sleep

patrick q
08-10-2004, 11:52 PM
OK My migrane and potential ulcer aside, here we go

I am running an Mbox, with PT 6.4 on a g5 dual 1.8 osx 10.3.4
I have had NOTHING but problems since I got PT LE a few weeks ago.
The problem right now is with MIDI activity and PT LE (I have an Oxygen 8 controller)

For the first few weeks everything was smooth, I use the reason adapted/ sample tank bundle that came with LE. Literally the most basic set up one can have with PT, nothing special.

now
When I go to the MIDI page in PT preferances the default thru instrument is set to the oxygen 8-port 1 (no channels activated) that can't be right can it? "no channels activated"? It won't trigger anything in reason via rewire, even though the prefs in reason for midi are all set to the ox 8. BUT...sometimes it will trigger eveything in the reason rack and then just..stops, just dies after a few seconds. and up till today, sometimes it would work fine the whole session. Sample tank says that there is no midi activity and won't work,BUT...today it worked fine with sample tank, for a bit, and then literally right before my eyes just stopped, died. similar to what happens in reason adptd

The Oxy 8 works with garage band,
works great in the MIDI test section in the MIDI/Audio section
works great with reason adapted when it (reason adptd) is running by itself, not via rewire and pro tools

so it is obviously a problem in PT's itself, not the OX 8, or my mac.

I thought it was a problem with some set up I missed along the way, but considering that it will trigger sounds for a few seconds and then stops right in the act of playing leads me to believe it is some kind of glitch, in which case I may be s.o.l.

I recently upraded to 6.4, I loaded in some of those free trial plug ins that came with the upgrade. I renamed my MIDI device from the default name to OX 8, but the problems were happening before that. But that's about all I have done that may have screwed stuff up.
I havn't even gotten to the "hey let's try to record stuff and save it and work with it and maybe even enjoy the process" I have just empty files that I pull up to see if things are working.
I tried uninstalling, and reinstalling, I tried unplugging the MIDI usb and replugging, i tried switching the ports I input it to, I have restarted my computer hundreds of times.

????????????????
summing up:
sometimes the MIDI works great..sometimes it doesn't work at all

any help will be appreciated
Q

SimpleNatureSpirit
08-10-2004, 11:59 PM
See if tech support will run you though this in the morning after you get a good night's sleep.
(says the guy who just gave up on the midi side of Digi)

MoreMeintheMonitors
08-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Have you tried the 'General Troubleshooting' sticky at the top of the forum?

That's where to start...