PDA

View Full Version : 002R + AD8000 + Non Digi Apps

Skytouch
08-10-2004, 10:46 PM
I just installed Digi 002R today and have a question regarding use with an external D/A convertor (Apogee AD8000) when running apps besides PTLE.

Specifically, when I run iTunes on a Mac G4 / 733, I can hear audio output through the 002R headphone jack, but cannot get any output to play through the AD8000 via TOSLINK. This is not a problem in either PTLE or Logic, where I can monitor audio through the AD8000 without any problems.

My suspicion is that iTunes does not recognize any 002R Core Audio routings through TOSLINK, whereas both PTLE and Logic can see the I/O routings I set up in the PTLE Hardware I/O Config. Am I correct (hopefully not), or has anyone successfully routed iTunes (Mac) through 002R TOSLINK to an external convertor?

Related to this, I'm using Core Audio driver 6.4, but noted that 6.5.2 seems to have a more in-depth routing matrix in the standalone Digi Core Audio setup app. Could updating to v6.5.2 driver solve my problem? Based on feedback I've read about the new driver with 3rd-party apps, I would prefer to stay with v6.4 for now unless upgrading will fix this problem.

Thanks,
Sky