PDA

View Full Version : Waves plugins on multiple computers??

Wheate
08-10-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm thinking of getting waves platinum for my mac. I have a computer at the studio as well as one at home where I also do recording. I was wondering if waves uses a dongle style key like Logic or if I would just be able to install the waves bundle seperatley onto the two computers? Cheers.

Infa
08-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Welcome Wheate. Well there are 2 ways to go about that. And to just quickly answer you, YES you can do it.

Way #1 - Waves now use ilok (if your on OS X), and ilok is very similar to the "dongle" you reffered to, but even better. So yes, you can take your authorizations anywhere you want to go, and just plug the ilok in via USB.

Way #2 - Waves also STILL offers their "disc authorizations" which is a series of "challenge & response" codes you enter into their "authorization folders" and then they will work for THAT particular computer. Now if you wanna also authorize them on another computer, just install them one that other computer, then try to authorize them on that one as well, but it will give you a different challenge for you to get a different response to,,, SO with out saying anything to illegal here, once you get to that point just go to waves.com and go figure the rest on a "re-authorize" for your other challenge....... got it ???

Hope this helps --