PDA

View Full Version : Need some easy help with midi

Marvin the android
08-10-2004, 06:36 AM
Dear Helpfuls,
I seem to be encountering problems getting my digi001 to read midi info from my keyboard..
We had a Pro tools dude come round and do some maintenance on the mac and i think he changed some settings, anyway if someone could please explain what the correct settings are to be able to use midi in pro tools le that would be very helpful... Thanks Marvin

jasona
08-10-2004, 04:24 PM
You don't specify the OS version, or Pro Tools version. So assuming you have either OMS setup correctly in OS9, or CoreMIDI setup for OSX, just make sure that you have the correct MIDI inputs in Pro Tools active.

Go to the "MIDI" menu, then select "Input Devices...". You will see a list of available MIDI devices and ports, just activate the necessary input port(s). Or just activate all if you're not sure which ones are needed.

Then select the appropriate MIDI input (or "All") on a MIDI track, click the record button on that MIDI track and play your keyboard, you should see MIDI input.

Again, this is assuming that either OMS/OS9, or CoreMIDI/OSX is configured and working properly.

Hope this helps.