PDA

View Full Version : I've really done it this time. PLEASE HELP!!

toddm7
08-10-2004, 04:30 AM
I was trying to set up a midnam file for the motif 6 (never could get it to work). I accidently told pro tools to use the devices.middev file as my patch name list instead of the midnam file, Pro Tools crashed imediately. Now whenever I try to open a session that contains midi data PT crashes. If I start a new session and add a midi track, PT crashes. I tried trashing my digi folder and reinstalling but I still am getting the same result.

I was abled to import the audio from the corrupted file into a new session, but when I try to import the midi tracks, PT crashes.

How can I totally uninstall pro tools and start over?

I'm in a very bad situation. Any advices please.

PT 6,4 Mac g4 867 OS X 10.3.4 768MB RAM 002r

Ben Jenssen
08-10-2004, 06:07 AM
Have you tried simply trashing the prefs?

Perhaps it has to do with core midi, and Install/uninstallation of PT dont affect it...? Just a thought.

toddm7
08-10-2004, 09:02 AM
What is the equivalent of trashing the prefs in OS X?

kenhawkins
08-10-2004, 09:11 AM
they are files that are in your home preferences dir:

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences

it is just one file i think:

/Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/com.digidesign.protools.plist

ken;

davetron5000
08-10-2004, 09:34 AM
Also, you could try going into your MIDI device configuration and deleting your device and re-adding it with a slightly different name. PT should never bring up the bad configuration then.

toddm7
08-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. On some sessions I can create new midi traks, on others PT crashes. Of course the sessions that I really need keep crashing. I've tried all of your seggestions but am still having problems. I'l keep trying.

Thanks again.

Todd