PDA

View Full Version : Waves vs. Sony Plugins... opinions please

nickster
08-09-2004, 05:12 PM
I am needing to get some decent plgins (compression, EQ, reverb etc) for my 002

Is the sony bundle better than the waves renanisance bundle? There is no sony reverb available - which reverb do folk suggest - i can only spend 1000 total

thanks for your help

Dutchmuzik
08-09-2004, 05:47 PM
I would get the Sony bundle and the TLSpace native Reverb.

PhiDelta308
08-09-2004, 06:13 PM
I haven't had a chance to try the sony pluggins yet, but I just got waves platinum this past week. I have had the waves bundle that came with my 002, and love the Ren EQ and Ren Comp, but I've never been a big fan of the Ren Reverb. So far, everything I've had a chance to try out in the platinum bundle is great, and I really like True Verb.

-chris

supercell
08-09-2004, 07:55 PM
I got waves platinum for $1200.00 out the door at guitar center in Redondo beach. Save another $200 buck and you will be so stoked you did.

Waves rocks and is rock soild.

B.p.

RealMeca
08-09-2004, 09:20 PM
I work with waves' renaissance & masters EQs and compressors. I also use the (unbelievable)Trans-x especially with drums & acoustic guitars.
Only professional, top-level sound and ease of use is what I get with waves - never less!

the renaissance is an essential in everything i do: the eq's are accurate and warm like no other plugs out there, the compressors are real and highly responsive. manipulating sound surgically and intuitively is what it’s all about at the end and you always result with a clean and natural track/mix with waves. That R-Verb is slamming and takes the top of any reverb (that's not convolution of course).

Waves' the best and with what you want to spend - go get Renaissance!!!

BTW, anyone wants to taste the whole deal? - go download the diamond & IR1 - pick up ya jaw from the floor - and start saving money!

Cheers.

Cammo2009
08-09-2004, 09:50 PM
^^^ You wouldn't happen to work for waves would you?

I've found the Sony oxford equaliser to be very useful and well worth the money.

steppenwolf68
08-10-2004, 06:45 AM
I really like the waves L1 but the sony oxford inflator is a piece of magic !!!
Never heard anything better when it comes to loudness maximising. Also check the tdm section on the DUC about opinions on Waves' upgrade policy

mindnoise
08-10-2004, 10:31 AM
Personally I suggest the Sony since i like the sound better. And you don´t have to endure Waves Ilok isolative path and upgrade fees.

BUT you NEED to try the DEMOS.

You´ll need an ilok of course.

regs

PMoshay
08-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Both are good, but the Sony EQ and Compressor is tough to beat.......

PhiDelta308
08-10-2004, 03:19 PM
I think i'd have to recommend going with waves first, cuz you get a lot more tools to use. Then save up and get the sony plugs...that's what i'm working on now

-Chris

Eddie K. wannabe
08-10-2004, 04:13 PM
IMHO

Both are awesome you'll be happy with whatever you get. It really depends on what your looking for. In general: I think the Sony plugs do EQ better than the Waves and the Waves plugs are better at compression than the sony Plugs.

Ben Jenssen
08-10-2004, 04:50 PM
You guys should try the focusrite plugins, they sound fantastic!
http://www.focusrite.com/plugins/fortesuiteframe.html