PDA

View Full Version : 002R /G5/ PT cant find hardware

EagleThunder
08-09-2004, 03:13 PM
I have a G5 with dual 2.0Ghz, OSX, running 002R, I have had the system for about 4 months. When I go to launch Protools 6.4 it comes back with the error "Unable to locate Digidesign hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when the hardware is ready. Meanwhile the 002R is sitting there with the MUTE light on, clicking about once every 2 seconds. It doesnt do this all the time. (Just when I really need it to work right). Anyone got any ideas? I have swapped out the firewire cable, pulled every cable off the back of the 002R, played with the buttons on the front, powered it up and down, pulled the power feed, booted it after the MAC is running and while its looking for the 002R.

Help?

Aussie Scott
08-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Could be the power to the firewire input - a friend had the same thing happen - may need to take it to the doctor

mrmatta
08-12-2004, 11:24 PM
It happens to me sometimes (002R/G5 Dual 1.8 old version). Usually I wait about 10 seconds and try again. It almost always finds hardware. When I first got my 002R, this happened. I needed a replacemant 002R. Then it happened again a few months later. I needed a replacement power harness. It's pretty much OK now.

It could be worse. I've lent my 002R to a friend a couple of times. He's on his 4th Digi002 (standalone, not 002R).

It's not necessarily the best product, but c'mon ... ProTools compatibility (even 96KHz) for 1,200 bucks. You learn to put up with the crippled features and some staggeringly bad hardware design.

nightwalker
08-13-2004, 01:26 PM
i have the same problem! its costing me a lot of buisness and digidesign won't answer my questions on the phone. PLEASE HELP!