PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Simple Functions on MBOX

barika
08-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi wonderful musicians out there,

CUT and PASTE function? I have a chorus section that I'd like to cut and paste in different places. Is there a function for this?

REPLACE? Is there a way to simply record over an unwanted track

DELETE? How does one delete a Protools session?

RESIZE grid? Is there a way to resize the grid for a particular track--made a mistake and shrunk it!

MOVE CURSOR FASTER? Is there a way to move the cursor on the edit board faster--possibly a drag function?

CHANGE COLORS? least important of questions--how do you change the colors of the track areas?

To whomever answers these questions thanks and you literally saved my day/week!!

Much Love,
Barika

Slim Shady
08-09-2004, 11:29 AM
There's a PDF manual included on your ProTools CD, I suggest you pull it up and read it. You can also search the PDF which will help you pinpoint the answers to these functions faster.

BTW, you can't change the track colors, everything else is covered in the manual.

barika
08-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Dear Slim:

I cannot locate the PDF manual on my disk. Do you know where else it might be?

--Barika

logancircle
08-09-2004, 01:23 PM
Sorry if this is too basic for you--I assume you're starting out, which is cool.

CUT and PASTE function: you can cut and paste one track at a time or many tracks at once to later/earlier parts of the song. For instance, if track 1 is mono kick drum and you want to cut and past the first 16 bars of that track to another point, just select the exact length you want to copy, hit Apple + C to copy, then select the point where you want to paste it, hit Apple + V to paste. You can paste that 16-bar section to ANY mono track in your session, like right in the middle of your vocal track if you wanted to for some reason, so not just track 1.
You can do the same thing with multiple tracks: If tracks 1-4 are kick, snare, left and right overhead, you can select a section of all those tracks, Apple + C, then select those 4 tracks at the point you want to insert them, Apple + V. I'm assuming you know how to select 4 tracks like that.

REPLACE? Just record-enable the track you want to record on and start recording. You'll record over what was on there before. If you realize you wanted the previous audio back, just do Apple + Z to undo.

DELETE? The entire session? Find the folder in your drive and drag it to trash. If you just want to delete tracks, select those tracks and do "Delete selected tracks" in File tab.

Hope this helps!

cd in DC

RadioMoo
08-09-2004, 03:40 PM
I cannot locate the PDF manual on my disk. Do you know where else it might be?

On the menu bar when Pro Tools is running, look under the word 'Pro Tools.' That's where all the manuals should be.

Have fun and post back.

DigiTechSupt
08-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Hi,

If for some reason you can't find them on your system or would just like to have a copy on a different system you can always get them here:

http://www.digidesign.com/support/docs/

Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support