PDA

View Full Version : AHHH!

logancircle
08-09-2004, 08:16 AM
If you know PT inside and out, please HELP!!!
I use iBook G4 (with OSX Panther), PT6 and MBox. Plugged my Lacie 80gig FW drive into a Powermac G3 and tried to open a session in PT5 and everything got screwed up. Now the Lacie shows up on my iBook with the oldschool icon, the external harddrive icon used in OS9 and it takes like 5 minutes to even open. Then the sessions in there won't open in PT6, I think the cataloguing is screwed up now. Is there anything I can do to remedy this without having to backup the whole drive? Thanks a lot guys/gals!

cd

Slim Shady
08-09-2004, 08:45 AM
Try diskwarrior, it does a great job of rebuilding file/catalog trees.

logancircle
08-09-2004, 09:12 AM
So are you saying I am not totally screwed here? I can restore my FW drive to the way it was before, and open those sessions as they were?

I had not consolidated session tracks yet, and I DON'T want to have to reimport everything and start from scratch--too many hours and days spent mixing. Thanks a lot.

logancircle
08-10-2004, 02:40 PM
Bump! A studio nearby tried Data Rescue and DiskWarrior on the drive, but it was so bloody slow, taking 40 minutes to copy one folder to another computer, and all of a sudden it shows up as 56% fragmented! It says that most of the audio files are now magically corrupted, and magically 24-bit 48-sampling rate instead of 44.1 as they were recorded. Anyone!?

Ben Jenssen
08-11-2004, 02:39 AM
Have you tried Apples Disktools?