PDA

View Full Version : "Import audio" Question

nlc201
08-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Hey there! I wonder if any of you PT heads can help a guy out. I maybe being a bit daft here but I just can't figure it out........

I just bought a Benchmark DAC-1 D/A Converter for use with my 002r. Consequently, I'm using the SPDIF output as my Mix buss outs rather than the Analog 1-2 outs. I went to the I/O Setup and set the Default and Audition outputs to the SPDIF outputs. Audiosuite preview works fine as well as everything else EXCEPT for the preview playback option in the "import audio" window. It just still seems to be outputting to the Analog 1-2 outputs. Aside from hooking up those analog outs to my monitoring system which I'd rather not do (I love having the benchmark driving the monitoring system and see no need for another box that the signal has to run through), is there anyway to get the preview playback in the import audio window to come out the SPDIF outputs?

I used to have a 001 and when SPDIF mirroring was engaged, I don't remember this being an issue. Since Digi got rid of that feature/ability with the 002r and PT 6, it's been a bit of an annoyance. This isn't an issue on my HD rig either due to its ability to mult hardware outs. Anyone have any insight? Thanks a lot in advance!!