PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up Hardware to MBOX?

justhen
08-07-2004, 12:02 PM
I hope this isn't too elementary of a question.
I would like to hook up a boss voice transformer to my MBOX to effect the audio on various tracks in pt 6.4.
Is this possible?
To hook up a piece of hardware to the mbox?

The vt-1 has a 1/4 mic out and an RCA line out.
It has one 1/4 input.

I am using os 10.3 dual 500 g4.

If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

justin

Slim Shady
08-07-2004, 07:21 PM
You can't do it, unless you're willing to temporarily lose one of your monitoring outputs - I guess you could use headphones to monitor while you're processing the audio. Just assign the track you want to process to a single output (either 1 or 2) and make sure nothing else is sending to the same output. Patch this output from your Mbox to your hardware, then the output of the hardware back into the input of the Mbox. Create a new track in PT with this input as your source and process/record away. You'll probably need to nudge the new track backwards once it's recorded because you'll be inducing a good amount of latency from going in and out of the A/D/A converters.

Shelob9
08-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Latency is going to be right in the hass zone. Not an audible delay but a pretty strong cooration of he sound. I use my line6 delay modeler pedal sometimes like this, since I'm going for a pretty far out sound, I think the phase problems help.